Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend has a compressor and air tools and has lent me his garage, today. I will be installing (hopefully with success) MarkMC's spacer lift on my TrailBlazer.

Wish me luck!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The front is done. I'm eating lunch then I have a prior obligation, so the rear is gonna have to wait until tomorrow. I took it for a test drive and it's got the baja-feel to it now, lol.

My friend said the kit wasn't enough to notice (before install) but after he saw it installed he said it looks :eek:

Now I need new tires! :duh:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,118 Posts
The front is done. I'm eating lunch then I have a prior obligation, so the rear is gonna have to wait until tomorrow. I took it for a test drive and it's got the baja-feel to it now, lol.

My friend said the kit wasn't enough to notice (before install) but after he saw it installed he said it looks :eek:

Now I need new tires! :duh:
Kewl !!
If you use the spring comp. for the rear block install, it should only
take you about 45 minutes.

I will let you know when the other project is ready for market.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kewl !!
If you use the spring comp. for the rear block install, it should only
take you about 45 minutes.

I will let you know when the other project is ready for market.
I don't think my spring compressor will fit because I have the clamshell model and it's kinda bulky. Maybe I should rent the cheaper kind?

And indeed keep me posted n the "other" project :tiphat

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,118 Posts
I don't think my spring compressor will fit because I have the clamshell model and it's kinda bulky. Maybe I should rent the cheaper kind?

And indeed keep me posted n the "other" project :tiphat
Rent The strut spring comp 4 sure!!

Only have to unbolt the lower shocks and unclip the
wheel sensor wire.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
If you disconnect the shocks, you can probably get the spacers in there without the spring compressors. Just pull down on the axle. Then, put some weight back on it to get the shocks back in place. They are acting as the travel limiting devices right now.

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
If you disconnect the shocks, you can probably get the spacers in there without the spring compressors. Just pull down on the axle. Then, put some weight back on it to get the shocks back in place. They are acting as the travel limiting devices right now.
While this is true, and especially true on the older models, I had to unbolt my Stabilitrac wires on the insides of the wheelwells to to much farther down than the shocks limited, when I disconnected them... I think the wires were tight like 1-2" after I disconnected the shocks...

This is only on models with Stabilitrac (06+ ??), as older models with 3-channel ABS took just 1 input from the output of the T-case...

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts