Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Pewter ls with automatic trans. 4x2, gray cloth interior.
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp passenger side headlight is NO BUENO! Looks like the original connector had already been spliced and now the wire had crossed and is no longer working even after a new repair. I take it they've burnt somewhere on the board. I could cut it open and repair but FINALLY ended up ordering some new headlights from Amazon.

I assume the heat from the halogen low beam finally did a number on the wires and it was sure brittle.

Hand Black Tire Automotive tire Finger

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I thought I was going crazy when I tried 3 different halogen bulbs. Nope, it was the wires.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
.......... and ....... if you're VERY fortunate ..... you may only have destroyed the relay.
I guess well see when the new headlights come in. Hope it was just the assembly and in the mean time I will look for the relay for inspection. I don't have any resistors or modification but only leds in the DRL and I'm perfectly fine with the hyper flashing at night.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I could check the relay in the mean time. Wouldn't hurt to do so and if it's blown well that's another $15 I have to spend.

I can't even wash my vehicle and here I am working on it again. This will also give me the chance to paint the front bumper.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
.... you don't want me yelling at you --- do you?

He's much kinder and caring - although we both get the same results --- one by persuasion and the other by cudgellers --- or thumbscrews ... take your pick.
Wanna come over? lol

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
2002 TB LS, you are missing an important point. First, you have to install a new connector onto the factory wires that go to each headlight bulb. Then you plug the "heavier duty wiring with an outer protective layer between the new connector on the factory wiring and the headlight bulb.

NOTE: The product I suggested is not just insulation. It is heavier gauge wire with heat resistance insulation and heat resistant connectors (they should not melt unless there is a fire) that tolerate the environment better. They sell for about $7.00 on rockauto.com and considering the cost of wiring pigtails and connectors these days, that is a darn reasonable price!!!! I spent $25 dollars for a 4 inch section of 4 wires with two connectors (one old style and one new style), so $7is a steal!
I see. Copy that! Will check out RockAuto.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You're not into thumbscrews --- are you? TMI ! Stop ! FULL stop !

Sometimes --- and here's my point ---- it takes a WWW or G.L.O.W. member to help you find the answers ---- not that YOU are that way --- but I'm just --- er: prepared.

View attachment 59631

.... and NO! I am not into G.L.O.W. or WWW!!!!!!!!!!! I just saw them once whilst cruising through the TV channels without the aid of a TV Guide. They kinda remind me of a rock band.

Now --- be truthful here --- you don't want these guys coming over to help you fix your wires --- do you?

View attachment 59630
I don't even know how to reply.:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

New headlights assemblies are in! Also turns out I blew a 10a fuse and I could of left the old light in but my TB deserves new assemblies. These look great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts