Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: thank god my GP GXP LS4 V8 used the same diameter filter, barely get it off with the Dam ratchet and adapter!:duh:

·
Registered
141 Posts
The PF46 filter is tightened down with an automated piece of equipment....

It's torqued to 30Nm +/- 5Nm......Once the engine goes through a thermal cycle, the rubber sealing gasket gets a good seat.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
204 Posts
And to the guy who put that brace right under the filter... <middle finger smiley>

:duh:

That thing was on there TIGHT!

Do you guys remove that plastic shield when doing the change or leave it on?

·
Registered
141 Posts
steined said:
And to the guy who put that brace right under the filter... <middle finger smiley>

I don't know about the bracket.....
I'm just the guy who puts the filter on...:rotfl:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
69 Posts
steined said:

Do you guys remove that plastic shield when doing the change or leave it on?
I found that leaving the plastic shield on and the small drip tray just makes changing the oil and removing the filter too much trouble. I remove it and have clear access to the drain plug and filter. Also can wipe the cross member clean of oil easier.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
c72lt1 said:
I found that leaving the plastic shield on and the small drip tray just makes changing the oil and removing the filter too much trouble. I remove it and have clear access to the drain plug and filter. Also can wipe the cross member clean of oil easier.
I do the same thing..that drip tray is more troublethan it's worth, not so much the tray as that skidplate..made of plastic :duh: ... although if it were metal it would be gone, weighing to much:dielaugh: ..

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
5 Posts
Pf61 to pf52

Can I change the oil filter adapter (nipple) and install a PF52 oil filter on my 2004 GMC Envoy 6 Cyl, 4WD?
PF 52 has 18 mm x 1.5 thread. The PF61 has 13/16-16 thread. The filters gasket seals match in dimension. I cannot find what the adapter thread to block is in Envoy. I have an adapter (nipple) from a 4.3 L GM vehicle that looks like it will work if it will thread into the block of the Envoy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts