Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about 3 months ago we are just purchased brand new tires all for a struts and various audio upgrades for the trailblazer that we have but lo and behold three days after we put the tires on the motor blue so we purchased another car and said trailblazer has just been sitting it's an 02 LT White with about $250,000 miles on it I'm in between either parting it out or fixing the engine and just changing the block any thoughts on that I would greatly appreciate!

·
Registered
2003 Chevy Trailblazer LT
221 Posts
So about 3 months ago we are just purchased brand new tires all for a struts and various audio upgrades for the trailblazer that we have but lo and behold three days after we put the tires on the motor blue so we purchased another car and said trailblazer has just been sitting it's an 02 LT White with about $250,000 miles on it I'm in between either parting it out or fixing the engine and just changing the block any thoughts on that I would greatly appreciate!
I have a 2003 Lt. Let us know if you decide to fix the motor up. Id like to know how much it cost

·
Registered
White 2002 Trailblazer EXT; Dark Charcoal/Green 2005 Trailblazer EXT
120 Posts
It depends upon how much YOU like the vehicle, and what engine that's in it. I just saw a trailblazer at a used dealership here in Louisiana that has a bad tranny that they are asking $600 for the whole truck! IF you are able to do the work yourself, and have the place to do that work, it wouldn't be a bad deal to pull that motor (or a similar deal) and set it in yours. I am picking up a 2005 EXT (175,000 miles) that needs a little work (but the body and interior are nearly perfect) this week for $900 because the owner decided to buy a new vehicle. Her loss is my gain!

In my opinion, there is NOTHING currently being built that compares to my TB EXT!

Reactions: BryenP

·
Registered
221 Posts
The only way ill ever get rid of my truck is if gets totaled. Id put a new trans in it anyday over getting rid of the truck and getting back into another payment. Everything I buy goes to the junk yard anyways.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The only way ill ever get rid of my truck is if gets totaled. Id put a new trans in it anyday over getting rid of the truck and getting back into another payment. Everything I buy goes to the junk yard anyways.
I agree! The only vehicles that come close to the trailblazers cost over $40,000 today. I can do a bunch of repairs on mine before I get anywhere near that $$$$! (That's why I just bought my second EXT to occupy my garage!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I agree! The only vehicles that come close to the trailblazers cost over $40,000 today. I can do a bunch of repairs on mine before I get anywhere near that $$$$! (That's why I just bought my second EXT to occupy my garage!
And I bought the second TB EXT knowing it had a bad transmission! My local independent trans shop that my family has been dealing with for over 30 years (and has a stellar reputation) quoted me $2100.00 to take my trans out and completely go thru it with a 2year 24,000 mile warranty and re-install with a new torque converter. Since I paid only $900 for the TB, I'm happy with my investment!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I think I'm going to be looking into getting another motor, I'd prefer to do the work myself as I have nothing but time on my hands due to the whole covid pandemic. If anyone one has any recommendations for a reputable vendor in socal I'd greatly appreciate it. Any suggestions are always welcome. I'll keep you guys posted on price and what I find. Thanks!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well I think I'm going to be looking into getting another motor, I'd prefer to do the work myself as I have nothing but time on my hands due to the whole covid pandemic. If anyone one has any recommendations for a reputable vendor in socal I'd greatly appreciate it. Any suggestions are always welcome. I'll keep you guys posted on price and what I find. Thanks!
Yes please report back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts