Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_lt
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i been looking around and reading and i think ill go with markmc lift, the z71 struts and the Bilstein HDs. now what i dont know is what year z71 struts do i get do i need the springs or do my stock ones work and are they off a tahoe or advalanche . the other thing i dont understand is what size spacers to get .i want to use my stock lt rims just put some more beefer tires .

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Read a little bit more. The Z71 springs (rear springs only, NOT front struts) are from Tahoe/Avalanche/Suburban and you need to buy them by part number.

Spacers are discussed on James Downing's web site http://offroadtb.com/

And whether or not you even need spacers will be dictated by your budget and choice of tires, as you will read in the stickied thread "Will it Fit?"

And the entire need for tires and a lift and what kind of tires is dictated by the trails you have available to you, your experience and confidence level, and tolerance for expense and breakdowns.

If it's just for show, that's discussed in the Suspension forum. This one is more for functional offroading where we put the vehicles in harm's way.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
215 Posts
first off, welcome!!:tiphat before the alumni get to ya, i'll let you know that the search button seems to be the best kept secret of this forum. now then, i bought shocks and springs off of an 07 avalanche z71. they work great and you can definitely feel how much stiffer they are than the stockers. i got 1.25" wheels adapters (6x5 to 6 x 5.5) and had to shave down my lug studs 1/4". most people, i believe, are going with 1.5", but i have no problem clearing the upper ball joint with the 1.25". in the end, it depends on what you're going to use it for. a day at the mall, on backwoods roads, or a week long trip proving that a trailvoy is trail-rated!!!! other more veteran trailvoyers should chime in soon, just my:m2:
:tiphat
dang, roadie beat me to it!!!!

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_lt
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for answering so quick .i mainly just want to lift for looks i really dont plan on going off road since there really not much to offroading living only an hour north of nyc .i read the will it fit and im not happy about the hammering and cutting to make it fit .i dont want to cut weld or doing anything like that i saw GMlee tb and im in love with the way it looks so i would be shooting for that look just would use my stock wheels and powder coat them .i undstand why for the wheel adapter spacers dont know the right name for them but there used so you dont hit the ball joint ? right since i would get new struts it would be correct to replace the strut mounts .

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
269 Posts
i dont want to cut weld or doing anything like that i saw GMlee tb and im in love with the way it looks so i would be shooting for that look just would use my stock wheels and powder coat them...
1st :thx for the complement.
2nd you may want to do 1.25" in adapters (wheeladapters.com) and shave down the little bit of stud that interferes, and stick with a 265/75/16 or smaller tire if you want to keep from having to do much mods to the inner fender lining. The further your wheels and tires stick out the more trimming you'll run into. :m2:

oh, TAKE IT OFF-ROAD! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_lt
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
i been thinking about it and i want go with it so this is what ill get mark kit ,z71 shocks and springs for the rear,the biltein for the front and i really like how the h3 wheels look powder coated so im going to go with those . now tires and wheel adpt i dont know what size to go with . i work in a body shop a little hammering i can deal with but the wheel well needs to get hammer ? and i promise i will take it off road :) other thing i want to know is should i replace the strut mounts ?:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.