Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...what do I need? I want to do a 2/3 but I don't want to do it wrong. I have read on here some guys doing the belltech 2/3 but the balljoints are at their max angle or whatever, camber out of whack, and other suspension issues. I don't mind spending more to do it the right way. I spent over $1000 on my 99 Dakota 5/6 drop but it was done right.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
205 Posts
you will need the 2/3 kit and the djm upper control arms. then it will be done the right way, the djm a arms are longer so the balljoint stays in a better postion. nocal ss on tbssowners.com sells them for $325 shipped.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
you will need the 2/3 kit and the djm upper control arms. then it will be done the right way, the djm a arms are longer so the balljoint stays in a better postion. nocal ss on tbssowners.com sells them for $325 shipped.
:iagree: also a panhand bar for the rear end...many people have bought this from http://www.suicidedoors.com/front_page

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
:iagree:

plus I would recommed the SS struts in the front and SS shocks or bell techs in the rear to accompany the lowering springs........also an Addco rear anti-sway bar......and to finish it off also a Panhard suicide bar.....if you have all these components you will be set............BTW.......I got my advice from NorcalSS.....he sold me the upper control arms and was a pleasure to deal with...........Good luck!!

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
you can get the whole DJM kit at Stylintrucks.com for $4XX and then add the Belltech front springs for another $140 since you are 4wd and need front springs

that will get you a 2/4 drop..

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
293 Posts
For the 4X4 you need the DJM uppers (tony sold me mine for 300 shipped....)or you can get them here for 300 shipped http://www.stylintrucks.com/part.aspx?partid=624704&key_word=CA2301U and the drop kit. The panhard bar is if you want your rear end perfectly strait, mine was only off 1/4" maybe 1/2" at most. But I had the bar and went ahead and put it on.

The DJM uppers will do nothing but allow the balljoint a proper angle and thats about it.

As far as new shocks? I just got the nitro drop 2 for the rear and I would suggest belltech's adjustable for the front. Scon in the classified section has a nice lowering kit forsale if you wanna go used, I really wanted to buy it but I already bought my springs. i have the belltech 2/3 springs.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Also something to think about, I am in NW ohio, if you need someone to do it for ya or whatever. I wont charge much, just a fair amount for time spent.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So for the front I need DJM upper arms, Belltech coils, and shocks? And in the rear I need coils, a panhard bar, and shocks? What about using the SS shocks all the way around? Or should I go SS in the front and some Belltech's out back?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you can get the whole DJM kit at Stylintrucks.com for $4XX and then add the Belltech front springs for another $140 since you are 4wd and need front springs

that will get you a 2/4 drop..
I only want to go 2/3. I will be towing a boat with this over the summer so I don't want to get too low in the back.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also something to think about, I am in NW ohio, if you need someone to do it for ya or whatever. I wont charge much, just a fair amount for time spent.
Thanks for the offer but I will be doing the work with my uncle who helped me with my Dakota drop. The TB can't be as difficult as that 5/6 drop on the Dakota. That one took us three days working 12 hours a day. :suicide:

·
Registered
293 Posts
So for the front I need DJM upper arms, Belltech coils, and shocks? And in the rear I need coils, a panhard bar, and shocks? What about using the SS shocks all the way around? Or should I go SS in the front and some Belltech's out back?
You dont need shocks in the front if your getting the coils. You can use the stocks, but no guarantee on how long they will last. Belltech has the "drop strut" and with that you use the factory coils, but yet with the design of the strut you can lower it 2 or 1 inches (your choice by using different collars) or you could even raise the truck using more collars.....really neat design.

And for the back you are right, Drop Springs, nitro drop2 shocks and a panhard. As far as the SS shocks....I didnt do much research on them so I cant answer ya there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You dont need shocks in the front if your getting the coils. You can use the stocks, but no guarantee on how long they will last. Belltech has the "drop strut" and with that you use the factory coils, but yet with the design of the strut you can lower it 2 or 1 inches (your choice by using different collars) or you could even raise the truck using more collars.....really neat design.

And for the back you are right, Drop Springs, nitro drop2 shocks and a panhard. As far as the SS shocks....I didnt do much research on them so I cant answer ya there.
Can you use the drop strut, stock coils, and the DJM arm together?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Can you use the drop strut, stock coils, and the DJM arm together?

Yes if I would have planned it out better I would have went this way. Scon has the whole set up in the classified area, of course if you want you can buy my springs and I will buy his set up...lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts