Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to do this and I have some questions I can't seem to get answered. My main question, is how are y'all mounting the projector in the housing? I saw one thread where the guy said he (obviously) had to cut out the back of the headlight reflector, but no pictures or information about how he mounted the projector in there. The TSX projector I gather is the most popular and it looks like it's the easiest to mount up (because of size and the 4 holes around it). The second popular seem to be Lexus AFS projectors, but I don't see how to easily mount those up once the projector is out of the AFS "cradle." If I do this, it's going to be done right. I want the projectors to be mounted up SOLIDLY where they can't shake around and I want them to be level with the highbeams. I know I can adjust the headlights a little to get the projectors level after installation but I don't want the highbeam adjustment to be jacked up. I may be able to get my hands on some C6 Corvette projectors, but I don't know what those look like yet out of the headlights.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I mounted my Lexus AFS projectors with threaded 10/24 rod, locknuts, regular nuts and washers..

each projector has two screw mounts and a 1 metal "lip" that bolt the projector halves together.. I drilled out the screw mounts and ran the rod through and secured the halves together with nuts and washers and then I just drilled the holes into the back of the reflector housing and mounted them

I also used little springs on the backsides of the rod to keep the tension on the stock housing and projector so I could fine tune the adjustments.

I forgot to mention that the stock reflector housings have a perfect circular mold line around the back of the lowbeam section. I cut that part out with my dremel to get the projector to sit back while I made marks for the mounting holes

you will also have to cut the back of the headlight (the black plastic with the rubber seal) up to get clearance for the new bulbs and retaining clips as the rubber seal and access bulb holes are at an angle from the actual reflector

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have any pictures of that? I'm having a hard time visualizing that without having the projector in hand. How did you seal the headlight back up after cutting the back out for bulb acces? What are you going to use for shrouds? What did you use for bulbs and ballasts? I want to keep the blueish tint to mine if all possible.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I used Phillips 85122+ bulbs and D2S adapters to reuse my HID kit.. I plan on changing the ballasts to some Denso OEM toyota ballasts later on.

I have BMW E46 shrouds.. but I didnt use them cuz I couldnt find an easy way to mount and secure them to the projectors..

as far as sealing up the back of the headlamps I havent come to a good and easy solution to that yet.. I may use some plumbing parts and a rubber cap but that to me would look retarded

the pic below shows the RX330 AFS projector on the left... I cut the top stem off, drilled out the two screw mounts as you can see on the lower left and upper right and also drilled out the lower right "lip" to give me 3 mounting points..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts