Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I about to buy my new 22's and the guys at the shop want to cut me a deal on some 265/35/22 nexen's. I looked at the pics from ppl who have the 265/35/22 and it looks a little thin but didn't seem too bad. I was also looking at a hankook in the same size. Should I go with either of those or should I go with a 265/40/22 in a different tire?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
i just picked up a set of 22s and i have the 265/40/22 General Grabber UHP, so far i have nothing bad to say about the tire. i havent really driven it aggressively but seems great so far.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
I've heard great thing about the Hankook Ventus RH05 and the General Grabber UHP. I also ran the Falken STZ 04 and they were great.

can't really go wrong with either of them

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok thanks guys! So I went online to see if I could get a better deal on a tire and wheel package for the rims I was looking at at the shop. After I picked the rims I wanted, the tires they suggested that I use were 285/40/22. Now I'm completely confused on what tire size to get. I no that 265/35/22 would prob not be the best option but what about 265/40/22 or 285/40/22? What should I do?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
do the 265/40/22. tons of people are running them, and have no issues with them. no rubbing etc, even if your lowered. and the 40 series side wall gives nice protection from bumps and potholes. also i believe its more of a "standard" tire size.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
the 40 series gets you back close to the stock displacement of the oem wheels... that was the case with my 17 inch stockers. i think the 265 is a good stance, but people have gone with the 285 for a wider - and in my opinion - unnecessary stance.. up to you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok I think I'm going to go with the Falken Ziex S/TZ-04 265/40/22. Hopefully I'll get everything installed by early next week. I'll post some pics when she's finished. Thanks a lot for your help guys!!:woohoo:

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
...the General Grabber UHP.
From what the customer posted on the review, the hydrplan water problem and the treadlife were terrible

(look at second post)
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...eSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=1#Survey

GY Fortera SL Edition.. 265/40/22

Has a neat sidewall, aggressie tread, pretty reliable and affordable.
From the first post review the customer complained about the sidewall problems and the treadlife. I know exactly what he was talking about since i lived near him.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...eSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=2#Survey

All i know is dont ever get any pirellies. Those tires are great for dry days but terrible for rain and snow days.

Base on the reviews from Yokohama, many reviews who have aftermarket rims and that live in the north with terrible snow conditions recommended Yokohama.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...eSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=5#Survey

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.