Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 21,000 miles its time to look for some new tires. I don't see a lot of competitive ($) choices on the 18" tires. My priorites are smooth quiet ride on highways, wet traction, and good wear. I don't do any off road and I think most any all season tire available is suitable for the amount of snow I see.

One tire I'm considering is the Firestone Destination ST. Does anyone have any experience with these?

This question has been asked before by many of you and I did search the forum for answers. I just didn't see much on 18" tires.

Thanks, I appreciate any type of input.:thx

·
Registered
2006 gmc
1,518 Posts
I'm running a set of Continental CrossContacts in 18's.......quiet tire, smooth ride, decent in the rain/snow, and priced good at the time I purchased them. Had them for about 8 months now.........

-J

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. How many miles have you run them so far? How much tread left?

I have that tire on my "compare" list but have seen some negative reviews on wear.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
79 Posts
At 21,000 miles its time to look for some new tires. I don't see a lot of competitive ($) choices on the 18" tires. My priorites are smooth quiet ride on highways, wet traction, and good wear. I don't do any off road and I think most any all season tire available is suitable for the amount of snow I see.

One tire I'm considering is the Firestone Destination ST. Does anyone have any experience with these?

This question has been asked before by many of you and I did search the forum for answers. I just didn't see much on 18" tires.

Thanks, I appreciate any type of input.:thx
The destination ST is a brand new tire. There isnt many reviews on them, as they are just now starting to trickle into our stores. I am contemplating putting them on my SS though. I think you would be happy with the Destination LE, or the Bridgestone Dueler At revo2's. The revo's wear great, are quiet, are aggressive when needed, and look damn good.

·
Registered
2006 gmc
1,518 Posts
Thanks. How many miles have you run them so far? How much tread left?

I have that tire on my "compare" list but have seen some negative reviews on wear.
About 4K on them and they still look new.........I hae a work truck so my Voy sees limited use ;)

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
413 Posts
I too am running the Continentals. I have 6k on mine and the are a smooth, quiet tire. I don't do any off roading though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for everyone's feedback. I'm going to take a look at the Bridgestones but I don't think these come in 245/R60/18.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
9 Posts
Tire Suggestions - Want Higher Mileage Warranty

I am getting close to having to buy my first set of tires for my 02 Trailblazer. I would like a tire that is rated to last at least 60K miles. I live in Minnesota, so I need something that is all season, and will work well for 4-wheel drive. Anybody have any suggestions based on personal use/experience. Thanks.

·
Registered
2009 saab 9_7x
873 Posts
I am getting close to having to buy my first set of tires for my 02 Trailblazer. I would like a tire that is rated to last at least 60K miles. I live in Minnesota, so I need something that is all season, and will work well for 4-wheel drive. Anybody have any suggestions based on personal use/experience. Thanks.
My stock tires were the Micheline cross terrains, they lasted pretty long. I also live in the secondary snow belt in North Eastern Ohio, they held up nice.
Though they are a little expensive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts