Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i'm nw to he forum and was just wondering on some info.

I'm plannig on using Mark's lift for the envoy and i would like to use the factury rims. if i go with a tire that is a 265 or 275, and is no bigger than 32.8" and use a 1.5" wheel spacer will i be fine? or will it rub? and if i decide to use a different rim with 35mm offset will that be fine without the wheel spacer? thanks in advace for the help, i'm new to all of this.

· Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,146 Posts
welcome :tiphat

i wish i could help you, but im in the lowerd club...yur one of those "other" guys :rolleyes:

but dnt worry, yull get more answers on here than yu can ever imagine:thumbsup:

· Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
There's a stickie in the Offroad forum about tire sizes and what kind of mods you have to do for each of them.

Welcome!

The 35mm offset wheel doesn't tell us enough about it to predict if it will work, since most wheels like that you'll be looking at are also 8" wide, not the OEM 7", and that takes away almost exactly as much as the offset gains you. So you would still need spacers.

And it's an equation with a LOT of variables, since the tire choice drives what kind of rims you require, since many upsized tires aren't spec'ed for 7" rims.

So first off you need to decide what your offroad mission is. That helps you decide on tires (tread style, construction, size), along with your budget. Then you decide on wheels, and that determines if you need spacers, but almost everything over 31.5" will need spacers. And then you throw money at it until you run out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.