Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted in a while, but I thought I would share something I found. I swapped wheels with a board member and we both got "Service Tire Monitor" messages after the swap. Here is the reset proceedure. The Dealer offered to do it for $75 for me, it took me all of 3 minutes and I had to air up afterwards.

1.Set the parking break
2.put the key in and turn the ignition on but do not start the truck
3. Turn the head light to the off position
4. move the switch on->off, on->off, on->off until the horn beeps
5.let air out of the drivers front tire until the horn beeps
6.let air out of the passengers front until the horn beeps
7.let air out of the passengers rear tire until the horn beeps
8.let air out of the driver rear tire until the horn beeps

That is it, save yourself the $75 and do it yourself if you ever have the problem

·
Registered
2006 chevy
11 Posts
Yah i need to do this too.. When i put my 22's on they were all in order but I took them off for the winter and then re-put them on a month ago I know they aren't in the same order.. Thanks for the info bro... Beats trying to look through the novel we have for a manual:thx

·
Registered
304 Posts
I haven't posted in a while, but I thought I would share something I found. I swapped wheels with a board member and we both got "Service Tire Monitor" messages after the swap. Here is the reset proceedure. The Dealer offered to do it for $75 for me, it took me all of 3 minutes and I had to air up afterwards.

1.Set the parking break

That is it, save yourself the $75 and do it yourself if you ever have the problem

Do you have any idea if this would also work on a C6 Corvette with the same GM sensors?

Too bad I did not know this a week ago, since I had my dealership reset my SS due to a wheel swap. However, mine only charged me $24. Regards

·
Registered
285 Posts

1.Set the parking break

I just did it since I recently installed new wheels and it worked perfectly..Thanks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,812 Posts

1.Set the parking break

That's the shortened version, check this out.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Thanks, I need to do this since the dealer didn't last time I had the tires rotated :D
Ok, i'm confused. Is this something that has to be done everytime the wheels are rotated? I just had my wheels rotated for the 2nd time when I got my second oil change done at 14200 miles, and didn't have that done as I didn't think you needed to do that.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
849 Posts
Ok, i'm confused. Is this something that has to be done everytime the wheels are rotated? I just had my wheels rotated for the 2nd time when I got my second oil change done at 14200 miles, and didn't have that done as I didn't think you needed to do that.

YES.:)

·
Registered
522 Posts
So what are the consequences if you choose not to have them recalibrated when you rotate the tires? I'm so slammed right now I just don't have the time to do anything. Even if I had the time, I wouldn't do it as mosquitos are out of control in my neighborhood. I have to practically run to my car to avoid getting eaten alive right now. I'm also mostly driving my old Focus as I can't afford to fuel this thing with premium at $3.75 by my house right now.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,812 Posts
So that's how it works. Now I just need to send this thread to my dealership.

Or, have them read the manual. :crazy:

So what are the consequences if you choose not to have them recalibrated when you rotate the tires?
All it means is that if the warning goes off, it will point to the wrong tire.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Or, have them read the manual. :crazy:

All it means is that if the warning goes off, it will point to the wrong tire.
Ahh, thanks

For me, its really not worth the hassle anyway. If the consequences are that the tire pressure being reported is for the wrong tire, I can live with that as I generally manually check the pressure in each tire with a guage every couple weeks anyway. If the tire pressure warning goes off, it should be obvious upon visual inspection which tire might be the culprit anyway.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I actually figured this out when I switched wheels with a board member and the dealer wanted to sell me all new tire sensors and charge me $75 for a relearn and $180 labor to install them.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
714 Posts
So that's how it works. Now I just need to send this thread to my dealership.

x3 on that one, the last 2 time they have rotated and balanced my tires they always reset the OLM which pisses me off because thats what I go off of when I do my own oil change.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
24 Posts
putting winter tires on my SS was going to the stealership monday for this, not any more thanks to this thread:woot:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
It worked!!!

I've been looking at this light for months now, the dealer said it would cost $60 to reset the sensors and it took me all of 2 minutes. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts