Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
769 Posts
Are you talking about a tire pressure monitoring system? If so, my guess would be that you cannot disable it since it's a safety issue.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
769 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think some of the systems dont actually use pressure monitors, but instead it measures the revolutions of the wheel and based on that the system can calculate if the air pressure is within an acceptable range.

I think I remember reading this in Motor Trend a while ago...:undecided

EDIT: Ok so I was right, there is one system that works as mentioned above, not sure if GM uses it. Obviously any aftermarket rims that are large than stock will cause the system to read incorrectly.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/car_care/112_0401_winter_tire_maintenance/pressure_monitors_inflation.html

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the sensors for the ss mount in the rim in place off the valve stem. i can mount them in my rims but it doesnt allow for very much tire deflection. if tire hits sensor it will most likely brake and end with a flat.

·
Registered
2005 isuzu ascender
76 Posts
cakiki said:
the sensors for the ss mount in the rim in place off the valve stem. i can mount them in my rims but it doesnt allow for very much tire deflection. if tire hits sensor it will most likely brake and end with a flat.

if its the same system that was in my Isuzu Rodeo (all of its electronics were from GM/Delphi) and it was a total CF :) one of the worst systems I have seen in a while.

when did our trailvoy's come with this option?

·
Registered
836 Posts
johnner1999 said:
if its the same system that was in my Isuzu Rodeo (all of its electronics were from GM/Delphi) and it was a total CF :) one of the worst systems I have seen in a while.

when did our trailvoy's come with this option?
I know the TBSS has it but I'm not sure about the other TVs.

·
Registered
284 Posts
My LT does not have it but my Prowler does.
If its just an idiot light that goes on for the tire pressure being low or that its not getting a signal from the pressure monitors, just disable the light in the dash.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts