Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Recently bought an 02 TB LT and wish to replace the stock (non bose) stereo with a double din cd/dvd unit.

• Is there anything special that I need to install it like a certain harness?
  • Is it possible to rig up my volume controls on my steering wheel so they still work?

All I have is a cheap Dual XDVD8281 unit. Not the best brand of course, but I got it dirt cheap and should be good enough for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
do you have onstar? If not, get metra gmrc-01. If yes, get gmos-01.

For steering wheel controls, you'll need another adapter. Not sure if Dual makes one or not.

You'll also need a dash kit. Lots of companys make these.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the prompt reply. My vehicle does have onstar, but it is not enabled. Will I need the GMOS-01 anyway or is that just if I actually use onstar? The volume control is not really that important to me anyway I guess since the radio is right there. Thanks again for your help.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
Thanks for the prompt reply. My vehicle does have onstar, but it is not enabled. Will I need the GMOS-01 anyway or is that just if I actually use onstar? The volume control is not really that important to me anyway I guess since the radio is right there. Thanks again for your help.:thumbsup:
If you don't care about Onstar, then get the GMRC-01 -- it's less expensive. You can generally find them on ebay for around $40ish.

One of the dash kits that will work is the Metra 99-2003. It should be around $15.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts