Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Looks real good but:
Is that going to get you stopped and will it pass inspection? Won't here.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well it is below the legal limit of 35% but cops around here usually don't bother with minor stuff like this, and it is only a secondary offense so they won't just pull me over for the tint. as for inspection i know some peeps that'll pass me if i have a problem.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
looks good...future project for me too

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
front at 20 but anything over the stock rear tint?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got my front two tinted with 35% film because the legal limit in MN is 50% so they tested at 29%. Hopefully they wont pull me over with the difference in tint.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
:iagree:..looking good boys!!

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
13 Posts
Is 20% the standard factory tint on the rears? I'm going to get my fronts done but wasn't sure what would match the back.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
not sure what factory is in the back, but i added a 17% in the back, and then 35% in the front. essentially no light get in the truck, and the front looks much darker than 35%. just a thought chevy girl...

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
388 Posts
Nice tint job, i recently did my front windows with 18%

·
Registered
72 Posts
looks good! i like it.

on a side note, you know cops cant pull you over only for window tint. Its a secondary offense.

But again, looks clean!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
not sure what factory is in the back, but i added a 17% in the back, and then 35% in the front. essentially no light get in the truck, and the front looks much darker than 35%. just a thought chevy girl...
tint works opposite of wat yu would think it would...the __% is the amount of light that well pass through. the stock rear is 20 +2- %

5% tint (the darkest) means that of the light that hits the surface, only 5% will shinethrough

20% = 20% of the light will make it through into the cabin...and so on

looks good! i like it.

on a side note, you know cops cant pull you over only for window tint. Its a secondary offense.

But again, looks clean!:thumbsup:
yeaa they can, but as long as you drive with them rolled down enough so they can see you head yu should be okay :m2:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeaa they can, but as long as you drive with them rolled down enough so they can see you head yu should be okay :m2:
i know its a secondary offense so hopefully they wont catch me for speeding and slap that on me too, but i don't go too fast anyway so wont be a prob. haven't been pulled over in 6 yrs.

on another note i usually have my windows down when its nice out anyway, but the shop said i should wait a few days before rolling them down so i was just hoping i wouldn't get a ticket right away, that would suck...

and thanks for all the comments guys

1 - 20 of 29 Posts