Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2002 TB and i was wondering what the tint % of the back windows are because i noticed today they dont match the front two windows and i was hopeing to have then all the same tint

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,127 Posts
factory tint is 18% +/- 2% i believe that's what it says on the windows. so anywhere from 16% to 20%. tint will never perfectly match factory tint, from the factory it is between the glass so it is completely different.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
I did 5% on my front and 18% over the rear factory, and you cant tell a difference. if you only want to tint the front, go with 18-20% it will be close, to slightly lighter than the rear.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
its a tough match...alota people say if u slap 20 on the front your good to go...iirc someone on here did 15 and said it was a perfect match...i havnt gotten to tinting mine yet..

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
68 Posts
to those of you that have tinted to say 15% have you had trouble from the cops? does your state require "tint stickers" (tint inspection)? I know that here anything under 35% is illegal, and i want to match mione up but i had 25% on my f-body and got a nice ticket for it so i had to rip it off to get out of the ticket... was just wondering

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,483 Posts
I did 5% on my front and 18% over the rear factory, and you cant tell a difference. if you only want to tint the front, go with 18-20% it will be close, to slightly lighter than the rear.
:iagree: I have 15% over the factory tint in the rear, and 5% on the fronts...

The only time it looks different is when the sun is shining directly through the windshield; The fronts are slightly lighter.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
Man I wish I could tint the front windows in my TB, looks so nice, but Michigan is a no go for any tint on front windows, except a little 4" strip which looks rediculous. I drive through Ontario to visit my parents in NY, and I swear it looks like they just spray paint their windows black there. Every window is pitch black

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
756 Posts
I know here in MA the legal limit is 35% but I went and did (I think) 15%. I just wanted them to match the rears and so far haven't had any trouble with police and I just got my inspection sticker yesterday, and since it was nice out I had the windows rolled down. I don't even think they bothered putting them up.

I see people with windows tinted even darker than mine all the time so I don't think it's a problem.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,031 Posts
Mine were done about a month after I bought the vehicle which was April or May of 2003. I have been pulled over one time and it was not for tint. Our laws are somewhat relaxed and tint would be a secondary violation that they can only hit you for if you are pulled over for a major violation, if they choose. I only say this because I dont know anyone that has been ticketed since the laws were changed in 2002. Prior to 2002 you had to have a permit and they would pull you over to check the permit and verify compliance. It all depends on how your state handles things.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
:iagree: I have 15% over the factory tint in the rear, and 5% on the fronts...

The only time it looks different is when the sun is shining directly through the windshield; The fronts are slightly lighter.
even if u had the exact same tint on the entire truck, the front 2 will always look lighter with sun coming in the front windshield.

when i had mine done, like i said i did 18% over factory, 5% on front 2, and also 30% on entire windshield along with the 5% sunvisor across top of windshield. even with tint on the entire windshield i still get alot of light into the front area.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Check with your local Dept. of Motor Vehicle, they should have a "Medical Waiver" available. Delaware has them, and i have 1 for each car. Basically what it is, is a form that allows you to have your DR fill out and they allow window tint. It does stink that the waiver does not show up when they run your tag info, but u show the paper to them and a minute later your driving down the road. i was told they dont show up on the tag info because they can still use it as a probable cause for a stop.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.