Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
125 Posts
ofcourse, a channel i watch often is i jepordey, how surprising. It'll be interesting to see what happens, EDIT: i read somewhere else that if they dont reach an agreement a bunch of channels will go out after midnight in each time zone.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ofcourse, a channel i watch often is i jepordey, how surprising. It'll be interesting to see what happens, EDIT: i read somewhere else that if they dont reach an agreement a bunch of channels will go out after midnight in each time zone.
Yup, that is the biggest part of the issue, if they don't reach the agreement, 19 channels will go dark tonight at midnight. I would guess it would be at midnight in each time zone instead of just Eastern Time.

As if they didn't already overcharge us, now they are either going to take channels away from us or they are going raise our rates. We pretty much loose either way.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
125 Posts
yea we do assuming you're either a TW customer or viacom customer, we only have the basic package, not even 100 channels, i dont have most of those channels anyway though.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,121 Posts
Rest assured that this will result in TWC implementing higher cable rates as soon as they can. I've already gotten notice that my rates are going up in Jan. I wish that the local phone Co-Op that I contract for had infrastructure in place in my neighborhood.. I'd FIRE TWC's ass in a skinny minute. :hissy::hissy: Customer Service is non existent.... rates are excessive... But I'm locked. It's either TWC or Satellite, and I'm not sold on satellite... too many bad stories from current customers that I service...

The real kick in the shin is that the local Co-Op (Horry Telephone Co-Op - HTC)
has more HD channels, cheaper service and cheaper equipment rental rates... :duh:

I am starting a neighborhood drive to have folks call in for service requests for HTC and will also distribute a petition request to all 150 some homes in my 'hood to request infrastructure installation for service to each home so a person could choose one or the other. HTC laid phone lines in the area but no cable.. :weird: I'm imagining there may have been an exclusive service agreemnet signed with TWC **OR** HTC had not ventured into our area (with cable services) when the neighborhood was being built in the mid-late 90's.

Sorry for the :hijacked ... Got a little :eek:fftopic: But I'm done now... :raspberry

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
714 Posts
well there goes our bill... yet again.. quite frankly I'm sick and tired of Time warners BS. one more slip up from them I'm going with direct TV. I've had to many problems with TW to stick around not to mention they are the worlds worst at customer service.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,063 Posts
We had enough of TW's service that much to my wife's dismay I got Dish network. She hasn't complained once and is sold on their service.

We had the signal go out twice in the 6 months that we've had it due to really bad storms.

Matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts