Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the truck for a year now and today I went for an oil change at my regular place ( not dealer). I had them check the front end cause I notice there is a bit of noise that wasn't there before and I figured probably sway bar links. Sure enough they need to be replaced along along with the right side upper ball joint.

It was mentioned to find out if I had any warranty on the truck ( not form that shop, but from another place I had to stop), and I called the dealer and sure enough, I have a 4 year/80000km warranty. it runs out in December, or when I hit 80,000kms since I already have 74000kms. I told them about the ball joint and the sway bar links and they said it was under warranty.

I may find out if I can get some kind of extended warranty since my factory warranty hasn't run out yet.

Lets hope the dealer is good.

·
Banned
2006 gmc envoy_denali
391 Posts
I thought all warranties are 3yr/60000km. Never heard of 4/80000, maybe it already has a GM extended warranty. Mine had 3yr/60000 and I added the GM warranty until December 2011 or 160000km. at the time of purchase. I'm Glad I have extra warranty.

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was surprised to hear it also. Not sure if it had anything to do with the fact that it is a US vehicle that was imported up north. I will find out more on Tuesday.

Might just have to ask them about my cruise not working issue also. See how much I can get out of them before the warranty is up.

·
Banned
2006 gmc envoy_denali
391 Posts
I was surprised to hear it also. Not sure if it had anything to do with the fact that it is a US vehicle that was imported up north. I will find out more on Tuesday.

Might just have to ask them about my cruise not working issue also. See how much I can get out of them before the warranty is up.
Mine is US too but only 3/60000! If you have the warranty get everything repaired, why wouldn't ya?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts