Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my TB finally went in for paint today should be done in a week hopefully, gonna go with the mitsubishi bright blue. so far ive lowered it 2/3 inches with the belltech kit, put on some factory envoy running boards, took off the door moldings, and got some 20"s that didnt go on yet. waiting for it to get back from paint ontil i mount them. will post some progression pics here. heres some of the pics before it went in today.:thumbsup:

stock height and completely stock

beltech 2/3 drop easier install than i thought:D

20" sport dynamics rimfire6

first test fit :thumbsup:

more update pics to come, sorry didnt get any with the running boards on and the door moldings off. i wish i took some now:duh: let me know what you think so far. getting more excited by the day

·
Registered
349 Posts
Get that roof rack off and that thing will look hot. Hard to tell, but do those wheels some some serious offset? Looks like it's sticking out a lot farther. Mine are offset pretty far....took me a while to get used to it, but I actually think it makes it look a lot meaner.

Oh, I hope you had them remove the racks before being painted in case you do ever decide to remove them. If not you'll have some nice racing stripes :-D

DAVE

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
266 Posts
good looking 20's but i just cant have 20's i dunno y.i wish because ive seen bad ass boyd coddington wheels but i have to have at least 22's. should look good when finished.

·
Banned
522 Posts
does that lowering kit bring it close to the ss hight? the rear look higher, i know stock rear hight is higher.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get that roof rack off and that thing will look hot. Hard to tell, but do those wheels some some serious offset? Looks like it's sticking out a lot farther. Mine are offset pretty far....took me a while to get used to it, but I actually think it makes it look a lot meaner.

Oh, I hope you had them remove the racks before being painted in case you do ever decide to remove them. If not you'll have some nice racing stripes :-D

DAVE
im actually gonna leave the roof racks on, i like the looks of them. only thing is im gonna have them sprayed with chrome paint. so it looks like this beauty.for those of you who dont like roof racks whatcha think of this? also its a 30 offset rim and fits flush with the fenders

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does that lowering kit bring it close to the ss hight? the rear look higher, i know stock rear hight is higher.
its actually kind of level the pics are at a bad angle i guess, and i put it side by side with my friends stock ss and mines sits a little lower than his ss.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE: just came back from the shop, the door jams were drying so got to see some color on the truck, looks good im happy with the color choice. should be done by friday so i promise to post pics as soon as i get some. for those of you unfamiliar with the color here it is, its called pace blue and it came on 2007 colorado extreme models.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so finally went to check on the truck today. only the door jams were done:cry: taking a little longer than expected, its okay i would rather they took their time and do it clean then rushing out a crap job. well at least got to see some color on the car. heres some pics.

all sanded and ready to paint exterior.

door jam pics

thats all for now tell me what you guys think so far.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nice what a random ass color. should be pretty cool
thanks man, been debating on colors for a while now and wanted something different. so i seen the colorado extreme and the color just caught my eye. everybody was telling me that the blue might be too bright on the trailblazer but if you look at the colorado body lines and the trailblazer lines they look kind of similar, so i thought if it looks good for the colorado it should look good on the trailblazer.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
that part I know.. was just curious if you were gonna carry the color into the interior or go with a subtle black and silver for the inside..

btw, how much is this costing you and where is it being done (if you dont mind me asking)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that part I know.. was just curious if you were gonna carry the color into the interior or go with a subtle black and silver for the inside..

btw, how much is this costing you and where is it being done (if you dont mind me asking)
nah probably gonna keep the interior stock until i get tired of it. if anything probably might paint all the plastic interior pieces since the blue matches good with the grey interior, but thats a mod thats least on my mind. i have a painter here on hawaii that i trust and have been going to him for all my cars and bikes. hes hooking it up and he uses only factory paint with lifetime warrenty on the paint. charging me a grand for everything:thumbsup:

·
Registered
266 Posts
damnit man...if hes using factory paint im guessing ppg. we use ppg global at the shop i work at which is ppg top line product. 1k is basically just materials if ur using global. u gotta pretty good steal. i love bright colors...make u stick out big time.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts