Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2002 olds bravada
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well over the past few weeks I have been tackling some things I've wanted to get done for a while.

This all started because of clunks in the front end so thought it was time for new sway bar end links, in the process noticed the tie rods were bad, so swapped those out too. Front and back sway bar links + tie rods = better ride, still not perfect.

Sway Bars:

Tie Rods:

Next was lower and upper ball joints, after these I can say it rides like new:thumbsup:
Upper:

Lower:

Last but not least, spark plugs (167000kms, didn't take pictures) and throttle body, which was just gross (167000 kms never been cleaned...i know...shame on me)
Throttle before:

Throttle after:

End result: one happy and smooth riding bravada and one happy owner. Like new again!

Mike

· Registered
2002 olds bravada
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as far as i could tell the bushings where still okay, along with the control arm bushings, so i decided to go with the parts i could tell where bad, end links, tie rods, and 2/4 ball joints (did all 4 anyway), no more noises so decided to stop there.

· Registered
2002 olds bravada
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And here i thought i was the only one from Windsor on the site, good to know im not alone!

Actually i went to the AutoBarn in Essex, but any Carquest place will do, like Walker Road automotive. Bought the carquest brand air intake cleaner for $5, worked great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.