Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that putting the shift into Reverse, tilts the passenger's mirror down - does this mean I have the power folding option too?

2005 TB-EXT

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.... just as soon as I get my TB back from the transmission shop.

6+ weeks this past Friday.

Are all the transmission shops booked that far in advance?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah <chuckles> just a couple of hours ago on my way back from the Missoula "International " Airport ... so named "International " because planes go to and fro Smog Lake City, Utah.
Smog Lake City is about as foreign as we can get here in Montana.​

The transmission shop is operating ... albeit inside 'cause it's really damp n cold today having rained all night and put some light snow on the local hilltops.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,708 Posts
My 05 Yukon has it. And BOTH mirrors have downward tilt in reverse setting.

DL3 MIRROR O/S LH & RH,REMOTE CONTROL,ELECTRIC,HEATED POWER FOLDING,TURN SIG IND,LT SENSITIVE,,,,,,

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My 05 Yukon has it. And BOTH mirrors have downward tilt in reverse setting.

DL3 MIRROR O/S LH & RH,REMOTE CONTROL,ELECTRIC,HEATED POWER FOLDING,TURN SIG IND,LT SENSITIVE,,,,,,
My wife's 2005 Silverado has the option to make none, either one or both tilt and/or fold. This setting is in the steering wheel INFO button that scrolls various settings you can use if they are available for you to choose.

• POWER LOCK DOORS AT: 5MPH, WHEN SHIFTER REMOVED FROM PARK, MANUALLY ON DRIVERS DOOR MASTER LOCK/UNLOCK SWITCH IS DEPRESSED, NOT AT ALL ...
  • WAIT TO LOCK ALL DOORS AFTER LAST DOOR IS CLOSED: IMMEDIATELY, AFTER 15 SECONDS, AFTER 30 SECONDS, NOT AT ALL.
  • ADD DRIVING LIGHTS DURING: LOW BEAM ONLY, HIGH BEAM ONLY, BOTH BEAMS
  • SUBDUE INTERIOR LIGHTS IN: 5 SECONDS AFTER STARTING, 15 SECONDS, DONT SUBDUE UNTIL IN DRIVE OR REVERSE
  • ALLOW CHMSL WHITE LIGHT OPERATION DURING: PARK AND REVERSE, REVERSE ONLY, PARK ONLY, BY DASHBOARD SWITCH ONLY OR IN TANDEM.
  • ALLOW INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR SELF DARKENING MIRROR(S) WHEN: DRLs TURN ALL EXTERIOR DRIVING LIGHTS ON, IGNORE ALL
  • TURN OFF HEADLAMP DURING: TURN SIGNAL OPERATION ON THE SAME SIDE BELOW 35 MPH, IGNORE

TILT is triggered by REVERSE but FOLD is on the same 4-way control that adjusts the mirrors once you've decided which one you might need to adjust, but when the mirror choice switch is in neutral position, then it becomes the FOLD/UNFOLD switch.

Having read quite a bit about this option, I've found that you need to supply a VIN for a South American vehicle that has TILT, FOLD, HEATED, SIGNAL, DIM available to that very VIN or it won't reprogram without it.

This seems to apply to the GM trucks and our TBs.

But then, there's always toggle switches.......

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I haven't looked for folding etc options in the DIC personalization settings.

I have experimented and used my bluetooth OBD2 adapter and a serial terminal app to send the instructions to fold in my Yukons mirrors. The details I found in the SAE J2178 specifications.

·
Registered
Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L) (Destroed) :((. Now Trailblazer SS (2006)
265 Posts
The tilt of the mirror is included in the DIC.
Need activate this option.
My 06 TBSS has this feature (tilt only on the passenger side)
They also write that this option was available on TВ until the beginning of 07 of release. From experience I will say that TBs that were released for the European market never had this function, regardless of the year. In 07-09, this option was completely removed.
If anyone knows, please write more on this issue.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
The tilt of the mirror is included in the DIC.
Need activate this option.

It is not in my DIC so I believe it must be programmed into the BCM for it to be available.

I just today took a look and found the proper serial data message(s) to move the passenger mirror left, right, up or down. One command engages the motion and a second command is needed to stop the motion.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Probably not most TB have the right mirror tilt but not folding mirror
Thanks ... I think. ..... but you've saved me tearing the door apart to see if it was feasible ... it's cold and rainy out and my wife says I look so pitiful as she glances out the window where, inside, near the fire, she's knitting, with the cat, on her lap. .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts