Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I tore the outer tie rod end link boot trying to separate it from the steering knuckle during a CV Shaft replacement. Energy suspension sells replacements, but by measurement only. I was wondering if someone here had the measurements or the part numbers so that I can replace it. I just can't justify spending $60 to replace a $4 piece of rubber.:no:

PS I'm never using a pickle fork again.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Pickle forks are fine tools. If used on items you don't care about destroying. :cry:

Anyway, great find! I never knew these products existed!!

Aftermarket tie rod ends may be different than OEM, but I had a set of takeoff OEMs that look like they require the use of the largest of the four sizes:

Dimension A - thickest part of taper shaft
21/32" or .650" or 16.6mm

Dimension B - fattest part the boot fits onto
1 5/8" or 1.625" or 41.3mm

Part number
Round Shape
Octagon Shape

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:thx

I didn't think that any one didn't know about this. Perhaps a vote for a sticky is in order! I'll get a set of these ordered up asap and update next week.
Have a great weekend!
:woohoo:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also just found this little nugget on Daystar's website as well. Oddly enough I sifted through a Toyota forum to find it!:weird:
Clickity

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just wanted to update all and say that the new dust boots worked! I went with a 16 and 35mm measurements for the stock tie rood because I wasn't sure if they would seal sufficiently against water. I suppose that maybe eventually I'll give the 41mm boots a shot just for giggles.
The one thing that they could stand to have is a taller boot. At some angles the lip towards the wheel isn't completely covering the whole tie-rod end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts