Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Trailblazer LS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my 2003 trailblazer has made this ticking noise for a few years now,, and I've only ever heard one other trailblazer make the same noise. if anyone else has that ticking and knows what it is pls lmk
^^ that's the noise

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,959 Posts
What year? Has the PCM ever been updated? You wouldn't happen to know the calibration numbers for the PCM would you?

That noise, though it is louder than I would have thought might be the cooling fan clutch pulse. There were some TSBs about that. There was a PCM calibration update that lessened it a bit I think. As a test you could pull out either the cooling fan driver module (like a relay but solid state) or the 10 amp fuse that feeds it. If the noise is the clutch fan it will stop immediately. You may get a check engine light for the cooling fan then though. That should go off by itself in maybe a day or two.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have this same sound as of recently. To me it sounded like the smog pump. You can hear it exceptionally well from either air filter area or driver wheel well. I've been trying to track down the cause. I'm going to try the 10 amp fuse and see if that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts