Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, since trading my 04 for an 06 SS AWD with now 101,xxx miles on it I have started having a clunking/thumping noise while going around a left or right hand curve, and it does increase or decrease with speed and the tighter the curve the worse the sound. I had both CV axles changed and the front diff fluid changed out, still have the sound. It doesn't do it while driving straight either. Any ideas? It's really annoying, I've had it on a lift 4 times and everything is tight, now play when I grab the wheels...I'm out of ideas at this point, I've done a lot of reading and research but not really found anything suitable for my situation, as I said it does it only in curves and at speeds above 20 mph or so...and occasionally I'll hear a single pop upon entering the curve...any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone out there? hello is this thing on? haha anybody like to take a stab at this?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
9 Posts
Check Hub Bearings

Many posts on forums talking about bad front Hub Bearings making similar sounds. Check them out. Common problem on GMC vehicles.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still got the thumping in the front end...check both wheel bearings and they're good...just trying to diagnose this myself to keep from the GM techs down the road from busting my nuts...any ideas? 102,000 miles, getting worse by the day and gets worse in curves versus straight stretches..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those were replaced a few days ago and I still have the same noise...thump thump thump (speed increases) thump THUMP ..faster and faster...and going around curves it gets even faster and deeper...almost make you think I have a flat spot on one of the tires but in fact there is not...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My "Service Stabilitrak" message has flashed on the DIC a few times too...noting that the steering wheel position sensor may need to be replace...what else could cause my thump? Is this related to the DIC message ? Ideas ?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
295 Posts
Here's a stab, chech the engine mounts.:undecided

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
331 Posts
?both CV axles replaced...?
Any chance the axle nuts were not torqued down correctly?

Thump thump thump while turning just cries out CV problem

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll check the engine mounts and yes the mechanic that put the CV axles on is certified on just about every level...this guy knows his stuff...Thanks for the advise from everyone. Thumping now in curves and also sounds sorta like a low tone grown while going straight.

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_lt_ext
1 Posts
It would be nice if people came back with the eventual fix. Its like reading a spy novel and the last chapter is missing..... I would suggest a possible broken belt in the tire since everything else seemed to be replaced. Can't imagine the cost of that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts