Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you adjust the throttle body on a 04 trailblazer.. Looking for a way..

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
68 Posts
The throttle is electronically controlled via drive by wire. It would require access to tuning software/hardware to adjust assuming the tables are present in 04 modules.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
The throttle is electronically controlled via drive by wire. It would require access to tuning software/hardware to adjust assuming the tables are present in 04 modules.
Correct....all controlled by PCM (computer).

Why would you want to change it anyway?? If it's idling too high or low, there are other reasons most likely.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
257 Posts
PCM4LESS tune... also cleaning (fully removed, and battery disconnected) will do wonders too if it dirty.

Also as above, if running too low or too high, something else is wrong.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correct....all controlled by PCM (computer).

Why would you want to change it anyway?? If it's idling too high or low, there are other reasons most likely.
I have removed it and cleaned it.. The truck is drinking gas.. That is why i thought maybe the throttle body needed adjusting.

===========================================================
Also i need to know where the Mass Air Flow Sensor is located...
I am not sure how to reply to your answer.. I hope that you get this..

·
Registered
68 Posts
The throttle.

Engine/PCM combos that lack a maf are known as speed density engines (or speed density tunes)

The air fuel mix is calculated by a combination of the map sensor, iat, coolant temp sensor, and an estimate of volume efficiency.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MAF Sensor

Does your 2006 have a MAF on it... What year did they started using the Maf

I am thinking should i get rid of this truck or poor money into it..

What about the trailblazer with the turbo engines..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The throttle.

Engine/PCM combos that lack a maf are known as speed density engines (or speed density tunes)

The air fuel mix is calculated by a combination of the map sensor, iat, coolant temp sensor, and an estimate of volume efficiency.
Does your 2006 have a MAF on it... What year did they started using the Maf

I am thinking should i get rid of this truck or pour money into it..

What about the trailblazer with the turbo engines..
Edit/Delete Message

·
Registered
68 Posts
2005 was the crossover year for MAF... early MY2005 don't have them, late MY2005 do... 2006+ have them

as for turbo? it is (very) possible to tune a speed density pcm for boost... you don't need to have a MAF for a turbo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Turbo

Thanks for that information...

I looked at some other threads talking about the t-stat... should the temp be 210 all the time for should it go higher or lower...

The threads stated that the coolant, t-stat and temp sensor should be replaced.. Do you know anything about that?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
Thanks for that information...

I looked at some other threads talking about the t-stat... should the temp be 210 all the time for should it go higher or lower...

The threads stated that the coolant, t-stat and temp sensor should be replaced.. Do you know anything about that?
First, there were NEVER any TrailBlazer engines that had turbos from the factory.

Second, the temp gauge on the dash should stay pretty close to 210 all the time....exceptions would be using A/C during hot weather going up steep hills with a load, or pulling a heavy trailer, etc, etc., but even then, the temp shouldn't change all that much.

If there is a need to change the T-stat, then it's a good idea to change the temp. sensor too.

Coolant should be flushed & changed at 100-150K if original DexCool is still in the engine. It is long-life coolant, and doesn't need changing often.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts