Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a throttle body spacer for my 02 Trailblazer (4.2L). I've read it will give me more torque and increase my mpg. Can you guys tell me some of the pros and cons of doing this? My TB is just about to roll over to 100,000 miles and the only mods I've done so far is mobil 1 oil and a K&N drop in filter. Any help will be appreciated.:thx

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
Welcome, I would give the search tab a shot :thumbsup:. I know this has been talked about many a times. From what I gather with how our engines work an all that, that they are pretty much $100 dollar engine whistles. Basically they do nothing for our vehicles other then make a whistle like noise when you get on the gas. Best thing to do if you are looking for noticeable power increase and performance get yourself a pcm tune, pcmforless.com is the place to go for that.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
:iagree:....spend your money somewhere else.......better off getting a CAI.....or if your feeling generous........give it to me.....LOL.....J/k:crackup:

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,762 Posts
Pros:If you enjoy waistting time and money.
Cons:If you don't like waistting time and money.
As for taking it off,you just need 4 shoter bolts to put on when you have removed the spacer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.