Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw an ad for a throttle body spacer on this site and was woundering what does it do for my truck and what would be the advantages of having one? Thanks

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
Don't bother.....don't work.....save your $$ for a good PCM tune.

·
Registered
45 Posts
A throttle body spacer is a piece of metal that can be bolted underneath a fuel-injected engine's throttle body. By changing the airflow the add-on claims to be a performance enhancing accessory that can increase an engine's horse power, torque and fuel economy.

Its a waste of money, if your looking for more power, just get more air in & out, more fuel and spark. And in return if you do all these things and granny it will get more gas mileage.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks for that info. i didnt know anything bout the spacers but the site said hp and mpg gains and i know that you cant believe every thing on sites lol.:thx

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
678 Posts
There was a post here a while back with a link to a Mustang forum where these guys tried and dyno'd a few different intake setups, including a TBS, and the gains were so minimal, that it isn't worth the cost of them. We actually stock the PowerAid TBS at the shop I work at, and there are so many things I point guys towards for performance that does not include these. Some guys want them anyway. From a guy working at a performance shop, and who has done alot of research on performance parts, save you money and buy a tune.:m2:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was a post here a while back with a link to a Mustang forum where these guys tried and dyno'd a few different intake setups, including a TBS, and the gains were so minimal, that it isn't worth the cost of them. We actually stock the PowerAid TBS at the shop I work at, and there are so many things I point guys towards for performance that does not include these. Some guys want them anyway. From a guy working at a performance shop, and who has done alot of research on performance parts, save you money and buy a tune.:m2:
ok and one other question what is the best part combinations to do to my trailblazer to get more performance?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
it sounds pretty good though lol

Even though it doesnt do anything for horsepower it sounds pretty good. My buddy has one on his Taco and if he steps on the gas right it makes a pretty cool chirping noise. It almost sounds like its supercharged.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Intake, Exhuast, programmer, msd ingintion set up, different spark plugs, better injectors.. More Air, More Fuel and More Spark = HP..

Change your cams out, cam gears, underdrive pulley kit.. you can go on for days with things you can do to increase horsepower on your vehicle. if you really want more horsepower supercharge it.. or just engine swap..

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
678 Posts
ok and one other question what is the best part combinations to do to my trailblazer to get more performance?
Really Depends on your budget. For the most part, one has to live with the fact that they bought an SUV with a 4.2L. Options are limited. Ive been kicking my self for a year now, for not dropping the extra money and getting the SS. Without dropping serious money into some of the above mentioned items, your best bang for the buck is a PCM Tune. Alas these are not diesels when you can simply chip then and gain 150+ HP.

Depending on your driving style and what you hope to gain, is another factor. A cold air will put you 10+ HP at WOT but for most daily drivers, there are few advantages and some guys dont see the point when they are trying to squeeze every drop of gas they can.

Any performance gains from an exhaust system are almost reversed if you over do it and your system does not allow for the sufficient back pressure that these beasts need. Slight HP gains with a nice sound are your pay off if you do it right.

Those are the 3 cheapest and easiest. Plugs wont get you far unless yours are burnt. Some guys swear by SYN oils in the drivetrain. Running a higher octane fuel instead of regular. Drop the A/C with a shorter belt. Electric Fans. Thats all my brain will give me at this hour in the AM. From there it's mechanical.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really Depends on your budget. For the most part, one has to live with the fact that they bought an SUV with a 4.2L. Options are limited. Ive been kicking my self for a year now, for not dropping the extra money and getting the SS. Without dropping serious money into some of the above mentioned items, your best bang for the buck is a PCM Tune. Alas these are not diesels when you can simply chip then and gain 150+ HP.

Depending on your driving style and what you hope to gain, is another factor. A cold air will put you 10+ HP at WOT but for most daily drivers, there are few advantages and some guys dont see the point when they are trying to squeeze every drop of gas they can.

Any performance gains from an exhaust system are almost reversed if you over do it and your system does not allow for the sufficient back pressure that these beasts need. Slight HP gains with a nice sound are your pay off if you do it right.

Those are the 3 cheapest and easiest. Plugs wont get you far unless yours are burnt. Some guys swear by SYN oils in the drivetrain. Running a higher octane fuel instead of regular. Drop the A/C with a shorter belt. Electric Fans. Thats all my brain will give me at this hour in the AM. From there it's mechanical.
yeah and i was thinking bout getting a cat-back system on my truck and never thought bout the back pressure? do you know of any certin kind of exhaust that would be the best?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts