Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
There's a How To thread on that, put your terms in the search, and it should come right up for ya. :coffee :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
Seafoam is a great product but it won't clean your throttle body as much as you think it would, if at all. Its always recommended that you take off the throttle body and clean it thoroughly to get all the gunk out.

BTW this thread is over 7 months old.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
22 Posts
The tread may be 7 months old but the remedy is still the same. Who's to say how much carbon and grits has adhered to the throttle plate, and who's to say that a Seafoam treatment won't do it any good?

The entire answer would be preventative maintenance but it appears that the problem is beyond PM. I could see a change of fuel filter, a frequent use of a fuel additive to wear away at the debris, and if that's not working for you, a tear down and a iso-cleaning. But first, let's take it a step at a time, a do the Seafoam, leaving it overnight for a thorough penetration into the crud.:thx

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
...who's to say that a Seafoam treatment won't do it any good?...
Almost all of us who use Seafoam for other reasons and find it ineffective on the throttle body. :yes:

The OP was incorrect when he posted in the SS section when he has an I6 engine, so keep that in mind. The V8s don't need throttle body cleaning so much because they have a proper PCV valve.

The I6 doesn't.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts