Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it was nice out for the most part till we got like 70mph winds and rain. still worked through it though.

these are cell pics to so the quality isnt great and you cant see the shine but it definitely has it

used the whole bottle and got that shine back. it was alot easier to do then i thought. and i definitely noticed some kick when i hit the gas now, not much but definitely made some kind of a differance

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
152 Posts
My experience exactly. Yep, used the whole can and still had to get in there with a cloth and a dozen q-tips to loosen the crud.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1,061 Posts
i'd say with throttle body clean and a old toothbrush, thats what im gonna use.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
352 Posts
i had been meaning to get this taken care of for quite a while now. bout 128k on the truck. im not sure its every been cleaned. this post inspired me to get off the computer and venture outside to knock it out today. i bought the crc throttle body cleaner a while back as well. worked great. used q tips and an old tshirt to get mine looking pretty near new. test drive after reinstalled seemed to be a little more responsive...... took maybe 30-45 minutes start to finish.

thanks for everyone else going first :woohoo:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,401 Posts
i had been meaning to get this taken care of for quite a while now. bout 128k on the truck. im not sure its every been cleaned. this post inspired me to get off the computer and venture outside to knock it out today. i bought the crc throttle body cleaner a while back as well. worked great. used q tips and an old tshirt to get mine looking pretty near new. test drive after reinstalled seemed to be a little more responsive...... took maybe 30-45 minutes start to finish.

thanks for everyone else going first :woohoo:
Um.. Why wern't you at the meet yesterday? :nono: lol

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
nice before and after pics........:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
352 Posts
Um.. Why wern't you at the meet yesterday? :nono: lol
slacker i suppose. errand day too...... went to the tire shop, gotta get new rubber. priced out rear shocks. found out it needs an alignment as well. had to take my POS Trek bike to the shop again..... should have bought a shovel, dug a hole, and thrown my money in there, that bike is a piece..... ran into best buy looking for some new muzak. decided that the TBs BOSE system was designed to rock country loud and hard. ummmm went to the drive in later only to find out they had only 3 of the 6 screens open cause some stupid movie was taking up 3 lots. bunch o crap as well.......

also didnt know about the meet.... kinda been slacking off on posting here. got a new job, cant surf the web at work anymore. been training after work for about 2 hours on the bike. Gonna do BRAG this year (bike ride across ga) for those of you not familar or from out of state.....

thems my reasons.......:suicide:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its alot quicker to do if you have a cold air intake as far as taking off the throttle body goes. 2 claps to take off for me and 2 hoses. then i got full acess to the throttle body.

i also cleaned out the inside of the intake pipe it had some grime in it. definitely worth the 20 minutes of time and the $3 of cleaner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts