Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start off I took off the TB and cleaned it out real good. Upon disassembling it I noticed there was a little oil on the bottom right side of the TB cover. Can this be an issue? After that was complete I applied sea foam. When I removed the hose from the booster the line and coupling as I would call it came out and it made a hiss. Can that be a problem? The engine was off because I was having a hrd time removing the line so I figured with the engine off let me loosen it. Then I did as required 1/3 all the way. 1/3 into that booster hose going into the engine. (slight smoke in the engine block) 1/3 into the oil compartment of the engine block. Then finally the last 1/3 into the fuel tank. Upon all this I had the truck idling at 2000 rpms. The truck did not stall out although for a brief moment it felt like it wanted to. And I wasnt able to put on a smoke show. No exhaust what so ever. Did I do something wrong? Sorry for the short story put thats the best brief description I can do.

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ls
68 Posts
The hiss is the vacuum left from the brake booster. Normal as far as I recall.

I think the trick for the sea foam is you feed it in the line until the engine sputters and start to stall (or stalls) and then turn off the engine. Reconnect the hose and let sit for 1/2 hour or so.

Basically you want to saturate carbon deposits and allow the stuff to loosen them up. If the engine stayed running the whole time, the solvent did not have time to attack the deposits.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
No. Read the instructions on the Seafoam bottle, or in post #2. Perform them precisely.

Oh, the hissing noise is a rare syndrome called SIYE. Snakes In Your Engine. :crackup:

Seriously, read this:
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto-parts/brakes/brake-types/power-brake.htm

Everybody who doesn't know how their vehicle's systems work should be going to the library (get OFF the Internet for practice) and checking out a "How Stuff Works" book. Please don't let me down, people.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,380 Posts
Upon disassembling it I noticed there was a little oil on the bottom right side of the TB cover.
I don't think that is anything to be concerned about since the I6s don't have a PCV valve, there will be oil in the resonator box and it will get on the bottom of the TB (if not sucked into it too).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.