Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at 2 different tires in this size: Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S G051, and Firestone Destination LE.

I was dead set on getting the Yokos as I had Avids on my Cadillac and loved them. However, the tire shop I'm dealing with suggested the Firestones as an alternative. He can get either tire for me. From everything I've read they are pretty comparable to one another. Plus the Firestones have white letters. What I want is good wet traction and good ride. I don't off road, save for well maintained gravel roads when I'm camping (if you can justify calling that "off road").

Anyone have any comments on these, good or bad?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've never had the Yoko's but I have heard good things about them. As far as the Firestone's go, I have personally never had good luck with them. :m2: I've had three sets of the FS and all three had belts slip in one or more tires within 15,000 miles so I'll not purchase them again. Just my opinion.....good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
I was considering both of these.

I ended up with General Grabber HTS. Consider them. They have been great to me, and were inexpensive. :m2:

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts