Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 trailblazer ls and when I first got it when I clicked lock on my key it would chime that it locked (CHIRP). When I unlocked it it would go (CHIRP, CHIRP). Now when I lock it it wont make a sound but will only lock the doors. Pretty much my alarm isnt working because I tested it out and only the lights will flash when set off, no sound. Please help.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
48 Posts
I have a 2007 trailblazer ls and when I first got it when I clicked lock on my key it would chime that it locked (CHIRP). When I unlocked it it would go (CHIRP, CHIRP). Now when I lock it it wont make a sound but will only lock the doors. Pretty much my alarm isnt working because I tested it out and only the lights will flash when set off, no sound. Please help.
Make sure your doors and rear hatch are closed all the way. Sometimes my rear hatch wont latch all the way, and then when I try to lock it, it will lock but not beep to let me know it's not closed. After closing it all the way, it will go back to normal.

Also, if yours has DIC, you can change what it does when you lock or unlock it, that might have been changed on accident.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think i have DIC. How would i know? And i made sure the back latch was closed and it is. I think it may be an aftermarket.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found out it is an astro aftermarket, but i do not use the picture remote. I use the standard one.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
198 Posts
so you probably have a sounder ( horn, speaker, or siren ) under the hood just for the alarm - start looking there and check the ground for that
or perhaps you have your alarm in a silent arm mode or valet mode - try arming with the remote and open the door with the key and not the remote

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when i arm it with key and unlock door with key it doesnt make a noise. just flashes lights. no horn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts