Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NC DMV is transitioning to no physical inspection stickers the inspections will just be due with the tags each year and uploaded to a central database. I misread the NCDOT.ORG website a few months ago and thought that I didn't need to get it inspected until 10/2009 when the tags are renewed. But apparently I should have gotten it inspected in 3/2009, though the next inpection won't be due until 10/2010.

So, my third brake light is out. I was told by the A/V installer who does a vehicle electronics check before doing anything to your ride (installed a flip-down Valor 9.2" DVD/LCD screen for the youngin's I purchased on clearance last December for $209 and came with a pair of 3-way Pioneer 6X9's for free with free shipping - but I digress). I was getting my Hankooks installed the next day so I was just going to get them to replace it, and they are telling me it's all one piece so you cannot change out the individual bulbs. Is that true, you cannot change out an individual $3 bulb?

GMPARTSDIRECT.COM shows the High stop lamp at $128. Holy crap - seriously?

I am currently in the race to win a 2005 stop lamp on Ebay (320383450660) - it's used but I dont really know if I need it.

I found some threads on here that referenced older TB's but nothing newer than '04 so I don't know if they are the same or not. What are my options? I searched the part listing thread with the Excel spreadsheet but I didn't see it listed. Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
2006 chevy
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roadie, I will get you a six-pack (somehow) if that's what it is. Stay-tuned since now that I think of it they said the entire thing was out. hmmmmm

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
425 Posts
You owe me a beer if it's just fuse #16 under the rear seat.
Mine worked for a period of time, then I had installed my amp and LCD screen and it stopped working (since I don't drive the TB, I didn't know it wasn't working until several months after the installation) so I searched and searched and I found a thread where Roadie mentioned the fuse #16 so I went ahead to check it out and true.... it didn't even had a fuse in #16. Plugged one in and it worked:woot: I saved me some money by just checking the fuse:yes:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Roadie and I really hoped the fuse was the culprit but it appeared to be fine and just for kicks I switched the red 10 amp out with another to make sure. Still dead. I think i will keep an eye on the Ebay auction and if I don't get it at the current price I will likely do as suggested and hit a junkyard. Thanks for the help guys!

Now if only my front left wheel bearing were not going out i would be all set for the Summer!!:no:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.