Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, yah. I'm heading to a custom shop to pick up some parts I ordered and Mrs. Fate kicks me in the nuts as I pass by.

A black benz apparently twitched because of some kids standing on the middle island (jaywalking) and slowed right down. A silver CRV just about rear-ends her. The old (80's ish) pickup I was following stopped hard and hit the CRV a little. I was on top of them all before I could even stop. I couldn't even evade - I had a big ford on the right side of me, and I sure as hell wasn't headin' towards the center median where them kids were. Brace for impact! The pickup was haulin' furniture. It's tailgate was propped at a 45 degree angle and caught the grille smack in the middle. I accordioned his tailgate and drove it into the ground along with his trailer hitch. I'd safely assume his frame is screwed. I also knocked all the mud and rust clean off the ****er. :D I think my right headlight was worth more than that rustbucket. Anyways, I hit him, he again hit the CRV, and she gave the benz a little kiss. 4 car trainwreck. Great way to end a Friday.

This is where it gets entertaining.

The passenger of the truck looses her mind. Litterally. She comes out of there screaming, threatening to kill me and a whole bunch of not-so-friendly names. I take out my I.D. and cuffs, wave them at her and yell back to her that what she's doing isn't very bright (I stayed in the TBSS). Doesn't phase her. Talk about animal rage. She pulls out this 8 to 10 inch screwdriver from the truck and again threatens to kill me. At this point in time I call 911 (to have them record the issue, and hurry the cops up). She put the screwdriver damn near clean through the windshield on the passenger's side. Then she tries to open the passenger door - it's locked - so she give it her boot - and leaves a nice dent. She then tries to get into the SS via the back hatch. Instead of using the door latch, she pulls on the wiper blade. Yeah, that'll need replacing too now.

So once she's done remodeling those sides of the SS, she finds her way to my door. At this point I have no ****ing clue where that screwdriver is and I tell dispatch that if she comes after me, I'm puttin the phone down and defending myself. Mrs. Dispatch (who has no obvious clue about dangerous situations and laws) tells me that I shouldn't do that. (And what, take a screwdriver in the chest and call it a day?) I tell her that ain't happening. So squirrel lady manages to pry the door open (*sigh* here we go) and moves into my personal space. At this point, I had my maglight in hand I point at her with it and tell her to get the [email protected]* out the truck before I knock her sensless. That kinda worked. For reasons only peanuts will know, squirrel girl opened my driver's back door and start pulling my son's car seat out. I've had it at this point and I step out the truck and again and tell her that she's out of warnings and there's a world of hurt coming her way.

Luckily for her, one of my co-workers happened to drive by, saw squirrel girls' antics and came to assist. Shortly thereafter, a few squad cars of police showed up too. Nice. The cavalry is here. They drag fruit & nuts to the other side of the road and tell her to sit - 2 officers stay with her as she's now giving them a hard time.

The cleanup begins.

The benz and CRV drove away (after the cops let them leave), the pickup looks nasty but technically can still be driven.

The SS bled out where she sat.

It was nice to have the cops & tow truck drivers show respect for the SS. Made me feel a little better.

I really hope they can fix her up.

I'll have more pics on Monday when they can let me have a closer look at her.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,834 Posts
Man I do not know, but if it will it will TAKE a lot of buffing. Sorry about the misshap.

·
Registered
2007 gmc
11,773 Posts
So, yah. I'm heading to a custom shop to pick up some parts I ordered and Mrs. Fate kicks me in the nuts as I pass by.

A black benz apparently twitched because of some kids standing on the middle island (jaywalking) and slowed right down. A silver CRV just about rear-ends her. The old (80's ish) pickup I was following stopped hard and hit the CRV a little. I was on top of them all before I could even stop. I couldn't even evade - I had a big ford on the right side of me, and I sure as hell wasn't headin' towards the center median where them kids were. Brace for impact! The pickup was haulin' furniture. It's tailgate was propped at a 45 degree angle and caught the grille smack in the middle. I accordioned his tailgate and drove it into the ground along with his trailer hitch. I'd safely assume his frame is screwed. I also knocked all the mud and rust clean off the ****er. :D I think my right headlight was worth more than that rustbucket. Anyways, I hit him, he again hit the CRV, and she gave the benz a little kiss. 4 car trainwreck. Great way to end a Friday.

This is where it gets entertaining.

The passenger of the truck looses her mind. Litterally. She comes out of there screaming, threatening to kill me and a whole bunch of not-so-friendly names. I take out my I.D. and cuffs, wave them at her and yell back to her that what she's doing isn't very bright (I stayed in the TBSS). Doesn't phase her. Talk about animal rage. She pulls out this 8 to 10 inch screwdriver from the truck and again threatens to kill me. At this point in time I call 911 (to have them record the issue, and hurry the cops up). She put the screwdriver damn near clean through the windshield on the passenger's side. Then she tries to open the passenger door - it's locked - so she give it her boot - and leaves a nice dent. She then tries to get into the SS via the back hatch. Instead of using the door latch, she pulls on the wiper blade. Yeah, that'll need replacing too now.

So once she's done remodeling those sides of the SS, she finds her way to my door. At this point I have no ****ing clue where that screwdriver is and I tell dispatch that if she comes after me, I'm puttin the phone down and defending myself. Mrs. Dispatch (who has no obvious clue about dangerous situations and laws) tells me that I shouldn't do that. (And what, take a screwdriver in the chest and call it a day?) I tell her that ain't happening. So squirrel lady manages to pry the door open (*sigh* here we go) and moves into my personal space. At this point, I had my maglight in hand I point at her with it and tell her to get the [email protected]* out the truck before I knock her sensless. That kinda worked. For reasons only peanuts will know, squirrel girl opened my driver's back door and start pulling my son's car seat out. I've had it at this point and I step out the truck and again and tell her that she's out of warnings and there's a world of hurt coming her way.

Luckily for her, one of my co-workers happened to drive by, saw squirrel girls' antics and came to assist. Shortly thereafter, a few squad cars of police showed up too. Nice. The cavalry is here. They drag fruit & nuts to the other side of the road and tell her to sit - 2 officers stay with her as she's now giving them a hard time.

The cleanup begins.

The benz and CRV drove away (after the cops let them leave), the pickup looks nasty but technically can still be driven.

The SS bled out where she sat.

It was nice to have the cops & tow truck drivers show respect for the SS. Made me feel a little better.

I really hope they can fix her up.

I'll have more pics on Monday when they can let me have a closer look at her.

Damn man sorry to see this happen!! But you have a lot more restraint then I!! They would be having a bed side prayer session in her ICU room if she did that to me.

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,307 Posts
wow:eek:,,incredible story man!!,,,sorry about the damage,,,you have waaaaaaay more patience then i do.as soon as that nutcase woulda did more damage to my truck it woulda been lights out for her,,,,way to keep your cool:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,834 Posts
What are the self defense laws in Canada? Here, I have a CCW and with her comming at someone with a deadly weapon you can also use deadly force. But, you still need to sleep at night.

·
Premium Member
9,833 Posts
WOW, I am sorry to hear about your bad luck. You did show more restraint than I would have, and normally I am a very calm even tempered guy.
I think with a crazy person and a large screwdriver coming after me and the inside of my truck, I would have found a bone to break with a maglight. (after I made sure the witnesses saw her)

Her insurance company should be paying up the wah-zoo.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually, I'm impressed with my OWN restraint. At work, I don't even flinch when pulling someone up to the bars by their coveralls or haulin' their asses off to the hole. I'm nucking futz that way. The management, staff and inmates all respect (fear) me for that. :weird:

This lady wigged out right in front of everyone, and, other than using their truck as a stopping mechanism, I didn't provoke her any. HAD she continued after my final warning, I would have put her down - no question.

(The laws here allow for justified use of force up to and including death to prevent continuation of an unprovoked assault.)

She HAD backed away when she saw I was armed and intended to defend myself when she pried my door open. It was the only thing that saved her at that point in time.

The police told her the long and short of things - Had she come after them like that, they'd have put a slug in her chest. I told her that had she continued, I'd have had put her down, roughly - and I would have been justified to do so - had I been an off-duty officer, I had put her down with a slug after the screwdriver/windshield moment. The officer tried to stiffle a giggle. The squirrel girl started bawling (guess reality was sinking in).

At that moment, she was staring down a lengthy string of charges (and not limited to): Uttering death threats, attempted assault with a deadly weapon, mischief under $5000, vandalism, assault on a peace officer, impeading traffic... Yeah, woulda sucked to be her.

But like Robert1101 said, you gotta sleep at night.

She got a toddler. She's known to police (spousal abuse towards her). She was on her way out of town to start a new life. She's also got nothing to her name other than what was in the pickup.

Self-restraint was nothing - this is the kicker. I chose not to press charges at the moment (if she sues me for anything, she's going to jail for her antics). She was told this by the officers. She was told that she had to be the luckiest woman on the planet at that moment and she should count her blessings. I told her the same and I told her why I did that. I won't be able to get blood out of that stone. I'll just wrap it up and make it part of the claim.

Because of that, the police cut me some slack. I wasn't charged with anything. No one was. I could have been nailed with a few nasty charges, I'm sure. I didn't ask. Wasn't going to push my luck. Had I pressed charges, they'd have had to nail everyone with some form of driving offence, to even things out.

So now I'm drivin' a red Mazda 3. On Monday I find out what's gonna happen to the SS. Hopefully she won't be gone long. Everyone in the family misses her already!

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,071 Posts
I'm sure it will buff out, other than that puddle that was leaking past the passenger tire when I seen it in the shop last night, lol. ALSO just remember, I have a set of Buick OEM rims sitting here that can go on quickly to get those SS rims off, haha.

At least the airbags didn't go off so I am sure they will fix it. Seeing how they have to paint pretty much every damn panel now. I still would have loved to have been there yesterday and seen that. Just luck that I didn't go home that way after work or I would have stopped too. Then again I would have just run her over as I drove by and stopped after.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You think the clay bar would help? :dielaugh:

I might take you up on that. I'll be damned if they keep the Yokohama rubber I just put on!!

...and you're right, they're gonna have to repaint every damn panel. Even the driver's side door is ****ed up! WOOT! BUH bye scratches!!!

It's not worth running a squirrel over like that. She'd have ****ed your Buick up. Not good. I'd have had to revive her just to kick her ass again for damaging the Buick. :duh:

The maglight would have worked just fine. :thumbsup: One well placed swipe and there would only have only been some twitching going on. heh I wouldn't even have needed the cuffs.

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,071 Posts
If we do use the Buick rims we will need some cheap used tires to put on them since they have my winter tires right now. Then I can get the SS rims at a very good discount, lol, and use my chromes for winter.

I got it all figured out, haha.

Seriously, I am sure they will fix her right up unless there is some serious structural damage that we can't see or mechanical since it died on the post.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.