Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i currently have a black 2004 dodge ram 4x2 reg cab short bed. ive done some stuff to like headers, cam, exhaust and other things. i love the truck but it seems the more things i do to it i have to or want to do something els. im looking for something different at a reasonable price and ive always liked how the trailblazer looked. im starting college this coming fall. anyways i want to know when i go look for a used trailblazer what are some things i need to look out for, things i want to make sure it has, things that are nice to have if i can find it or anything els that may help my search for a good trailblazer.

Thanks in advance
Paul

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
They key is the build codes. If you can get into an 06 or newer that would be great but an 05 is still a good truck. Check the sticker inside the glove box for the following codes:

The gears are very important for performance. The RPO codes are

GU6 = 3.42
GT4 = 3.73 (some say ideal but I would get the 4.10 if I had the chance)
GT5 = 4.10

The locking differential is G80. Very good to have for 2WD or 4WD.

The LT model has a higher trim level than the LS.

The 5.3 V8 model has more performance mods available than the 4.2 inline 6. Mileage is almost identical on both engines. 113" wheelbase will give you better performance but a little less space.

The rest is up to researching the history of the particular truck that you find.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
183 Posts
Well I know that the 07's come with a factory 7 year 160 000 km powertrain warranty that previous years didn't have.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
619 Posts
Welcome, from a previous ram owner. :tiphat I myself had an 03 single cab 4X2 with headers, cam, efan, exhaust and other misc mod's. I had to get rid of mine because the family needed more room. I totally recomened you A TB, they're very nice truck's. By any chance were you a member of Dodgetalk.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts