Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My thermostat is bad on my 04 Trailblazer lt 4.2. When we went to go get the part from auto- zone and brought it home it is not the right one.. all the auto shops around here have the same one for my trailblazer they said it is a new style of thermostat and I am am going to have to get it from the dealer... from what you guys know is that true?

Thank you

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat .The t-stat is on the drivers side of the engine. Below and behind the alternator. Is that where you're looking?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I just found that out after reading through your post. I am an army wife and my husband is gone and I was having my brother do it for me cause he said he knew how to do it! Now i feel dumb for posting this! Thanks for all of your help it was much appreciated!

THANK YOU :)

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Don't feel dumb! As stated above, even the Haynes manual got it wrong. Tell your bro to make sure the O-ring is in position.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
26 Posts
I recently did mine following the instructions on this site for changing by removing the wheel for access. You'll get different opinions about the anti freeze choice. A good time to replace the upper and lower hoses if needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.