Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

321 - 329 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked already but I couldn't find it, I want to chop the resonator out but, I'll be moving to Houston soon and have heard in these metropolitan areas they have emissions testing. Will it still pass emissions without the resonator?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
19 Posts
Ya if u cut the rear can off that is the resonator ! You should still pass emmissions fine u still have the big muffler under the truck! You probly won't notice a huge difference with tht gone I did a custom exhaust from header down !

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
19 Posts
Thts good ! And I bieleve its 2.5! If its not the its 2 and 3/4 I don't exactly remeber I think the wider pipe is towards the cat! Should be 2.5 were the garbage can is.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
3 Posts
Cut off The Damn Resonator!

After reading all the posts about cutting off the Resonator,I did it yesterday,welded on a extention pipe and added a chrome tip.I could not tell any difference in sound.The only difference was that the rattle was gone from the old resonator.Don't bring this item to a Franchise Muffler shop Like M---S or M-----E They try to scare you into thinking you will not make emissions in your state. Costs quotes from them around $250.00 for a 20 min Job. My cost with a local garage was $80 .00.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Here is my setup! I replaced the stock resonator for a 3in,and 3in out ultra quiet resonator. It sound nice and throaty now,I love it!I'm not sure if I want a tip or not,I like it the way it is. Next up is some SS wheels,and 265/50/20 tires!?

321 - 329 of 329 Posts