Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

301 - 320 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ls
29 Posts
Exhaust Mods

What size is exhaust pipe on my 07 TB ???? I'm thinking of cutting off resonator and putting cherry bomb and crome tip. Thoughts any one Ned :cool:?????

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
32 Posts
Here's mine. Did it over Christmas, but didn't get any pictures of it until last week...
i like it. glad i found this post and got a clear answer. lol!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
17 Posts
Resonator with a rattlesnake inside

My resonator has a baffle rattle at certain RPMs. The vehicle is to be traded in soon, so I would like to just do a tack weld or hammer hit on the side. If anyone else has experienced the same rattle, and has affected a simple repair, please share it. In advance, Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
66 Posts
hey guys i wanted to do this same thing but what if i wanted to have the tip coming out behind the right rear tire? is there welding that has to be done or is there already bent parts somewhere??

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Wanted to add my picture to the thread. I really like what my shop did. $65 for this quick mod. :)

The chrome oval tip fits perfectly in the cutout in the bumper. Sounds really good with the 50 series flowmaster muffler. Let me know what you guys think?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
16 Posts
Had the stew pot removed. looks much cleaner. cant figure out how to post a picture though:bonk: cant get pics into my gallery yet either every message board works different

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
so its like 9:50 pm and i decided to read all this and then go pull my TB into the yard and figure out what I am going to do and I know! lol. So I am not only going to take the res and trash it, throw it in the scrap pile, I am going to cut that ugly stock muffler off, when I replace my cat, and throw a full magnaflow system on it and dump it out the side in front of the rear tire!!! If i get really Getty I will throw some duals on it some how some way!:cool:

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts

This is exactly the kind of look i'm looking for on my TB! Welp...time to save up some spare cash and get the 'can removed!

·
Premium Member
2008 gmc envoy_sle
224 Posts

This is exactly the kind of look i'm looking for on my TB! Welp...time to save up some spare cash and get the 'can removed!
That is very nice looking. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
2 Posts
Resonstor Removal

The last ugly thing on the Envoy/TB is the resonator, the huge trash can thing in the middle is the muffler. I went to a PERFORMANCE muffler shop and had Resonator chopped off and a aftermarket tip welded on PROFESSIONALLY. It cost $80 AND LOOKS GREAT!! There is no real sound differance. My next move it to have the muffler chopped off and replaced with a Magna Flo, this is where the sound and performance comes from. This will cost $280 at the same shop. Can't wait.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
672 Posts
When I owned my 2002, I removed the resonator, had a pipe bent to give a nice fit. Did not hear much of a difference with the resonator gone. If I didn't tell you it was off, you would not know it was off.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
19 Posts
magnaflow

I put a magnaflow system on. i cut the muffler and resonator off put a magnaflow muffler on and ran 3 inch pipe into a magnflow tip out the side under the running board ! looks great sounds amazing. and cheap to do! i did all the fab work myself but you wont regret it !

301 - 320 of 329 Posts