Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

281 - 300 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
21 Posts
To those of you who went with side exits what was the angle and length of the pipes you choose? I was thinking about an 18' straight, but now i'm reconsidering. And is anyone rocking bolt on tips, If so did you keep the bolts or weld it? Thanks!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
122 Posts
I'm curious as to the size of the pipe people used. I thought that the stock piping was 2.75" from the muffler back, does it change at the resonator? I've seen most people go with 2.5" or 3"... how does this work for welding, is there any benefits to either size? I plan to swap the stock muffler with an aftermarket somewhere down theline, but I want to keep stock size.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
148 Posts
res removal

questions i want to do this also but is removing the res illegal in ny or for that anywhere am i going to have to recut and weld the res back on every time i need inspection ?

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
148 Posts
res removal

questions i want to do this also but is removing the res illegal in ny or for that anywhere am i going to have to recut and weld the res back on every time i need inspection ?:confused:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
397 Posts
Just wondering what the stock inlet/outlet size of the OEM muffler is on the 4.2L? So many threads but couldn't find it. My Flosound (flowmaster generic) muffler has been on 4 years now, and I can't help but think I could have something that sounds and performs better. On startup and idle, it sounds low and deep like a V8, but at low rpm range it sounds bleh, and when i step on it, i feel like its holding back just a bit.

pretty sure the piping size is 2.75" and then the shop who installed it put on 2.5" inlet and outlet pipes to feed into the muffler, then goes back to the 2.75" about a foot after the muffler.

was wondering if this is holding the flow back a bit? also i saw that this magnaflow high flow cat that seems like a direct bolt on fits our trucks. anyone else know anything about it?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I really like the dual Corsa tip. $180 is a bit over my price range for a tip though.

Any ideas on something like it that's cheaper?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
179 Posts
i recently bought my trailblazer. it had a flowmaster, in addition to this tip, and NO resonator.

i do not like loud exhaust, in fact, i HATE it

i had the muffler swapped back to an OEM quiet one. the muffler shop failed to tell me that the this tip also adds a whining sound.

i just want normal quiet exhaust. should i have a resonator put back on? or will i be happy if i just have the tip changed out?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
passing emission inspection ?

Has anybody had any trouble passing emissions inspection after deleting the resonator?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,433 Posts
no, it will not effect your emmissions.
This x 1000000000000

It has been asked and answered a million times in this thread already. I do wish that people would just take a minute to read sometimes. Amazing how much good info is already readily available.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
11 Posts
After reading all the thread about the resonator I went ahaed and got rid of the can. It sounds and looks much better. Thanks for everyone that posted on this thread very informative.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
141 Posts
i took mines off today! is a lot cleaner no big diference on sound just a bit but i like the way it looks will post pics at daytime!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
141 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
465 Posts
Considering how long this thread has gotten, I think it is safe to say... Nobody has ever regretted removing their exhaust resonator. If you are considering doing this mod, just do it. That hunk of junk will always be in your way, and the moment you remove it from your own vehicle, you will immediately start noticing just how ugly it looks on everyone else's.

Can I get an 'amen'? :D

281 - 300 of 329 Posts