Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so as some of you know i got a dui and cant drive for a while so i let my dads friend use watch my tb so i told her not to use it too much just keep it in good running condition so last week i toldher she can go to tennessee for the country music festival so she decided it was ok to go to florida this week in my tb without asking me now imworried not to mention pissed off plus my tags are invalid due to my dad (tb still in his name didnt get around to paying it when i gave him the money) so right now im a lil stressed over my tb and it sucks

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,405 Posts
I'm pretty sure that I passed it getting off on northridge the other night. As for the Dui.. come on, you should know better than that. After all Sandy Springs is a police state. Did I mention I nearly ended a pursuit using my tb a few weeks ago? :D Anyways man hope you're doing alright.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well a few mods where done since you saw it igot a blacc grill n crossbar now plus sum fogs in the rear for extra baccup lighting nothing najor but im good juss working my ass off u ? nd my dui was in milton

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
Oh, to craft an appropriate response to that... Yes, it would be tough to feel sorry under those conditions. Some might say it was impossible, or that the universe would end in a puff of greasy smoke before that would happen.

Cue a few misspelled expressions of impotent outrage.

To the OP: I have an idea. The truck was driven with invalid tags out of state without your permission? Report it stolen. I'm sure the authorities have a way to deal with the situation. If you're lucky, it will end up in Judge Judy's courtroom and you might make a buck off the incident. They pay off both the winners and losers on those shows.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
273 Posts
Report it stolen, HA! THat would teach her to get permission next time.

Hey Rodie, whats with the Judge Judy thing... you really like that show...LOL

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Not sure I understand why he HAD to let someone else keep the truck in the first place.. unless there is a new law somewhere that states you are not allowed to OWN a vehicle after a DUI... on second thought.. I think I like that idea!!. :undecided
:iagree:
After the accident i saw a couple months ago that involved an officer dying on the island due to a person who had a dwi on his license, and was still driving.. i def think that should be a new law.... :undecided sorry just my :m2: I've dealt with way to many dui and dwi accidents that havent ended pretty ......

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just for every on to know i dont want you to feel sorry for me. i sure as hell dont feel sorry for my self i was stupid as hell point blank. im just saying it sucks that someone would do that with my truck.

as far as the no car after a dui it is a good idea thats why i told someone else to look after it for me so i dont get tempted to drive.

and the periods i use my ps3 to get on the net and this whole period thing is just a pain but i shall try. lol

roadie- judge judy doesnt seem like a bad idea can use the money to pay off the fines....lol....

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,214 Posts
If I read the first post correctly, the vehicle is actually titled and registered in his dad's name. Which is why the registration is invalid, his dad didn't renew it, after he gave him the money. - His dad would be the one who would or would not grant permission to drive the TB and also the party to report it stolen and be responsible for any accidents.

If I'm out, the limit is 1 drink (Smirnoff Ice or something like that, not a Long Island Ice Tea that is really 4 shots!) and that's only if I know that I will not be driving for at least an hour afterwards. Anyone who drinks and then goes and drives with the alcohol in their system is being very stupid today.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
122 Posts
just for every on to know i dont want you to feel sorry for me. i sure as hell dont feel sorry for my self i was stupid as hell point blank. im just saying it sucks that someone would do that with my truck.

as far as the no car after a dui it is a good idea thats why i told someone else to look after it for me so i dont get tempted to drive.

and the periods i use my ps3 to get on the net and this whole period thing is just a pain but i shall try. lol

roadie- judge judy doesnt seem like a bad idea can use the money to pay off the fines....lol....
If you think I was being hard on you - I was, and will not apologize for it. I just hope you have truly learned your lesson and will never do it again. Be thankfull my young friend that you are only having to deal with a licence suspension and fines.

I hope everyone who reads this will remember it and think twice about drinking and then driving. 12 years ago this coming July 1st my wife of just over a year and my 18 day old daughter were killed by a drunk who entered their lane and hit them head on......he had minor injuries. I was the first responding officer on the scene - a large part of me died that day also.

I have moved on over time, remarried and have two young children but still wonder sometimes what life might be like if that person had not chosen to drink and drive. Nothing is more painfull as a police officer than to have to knock on somones door to tell the person on the other side that they have lost a loved one - this is probably the only aspect of my job that I hate.

All that I ask is that everyone think about there actions and the consequences of them - not just for yourself but also the innocent people out there.

Mack

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4,302 Posts
:grouphug:
If you think I was being hard on you - I was, and will not apologize for it. I just hope you have truly learned your lesson and will never do it again. Be thankfull my young friend that you are only having to deal with a licence suspension and fines.

I hope everyone who reads this will remember it and think twice about drinking and then driving. 12 years ago this coming July 1st my wife of just over a year and my 18 day old daughter were killed by a drunk who entered their lane and hit them head on......he had minor injuries. I was the first responding officer on the scene - a large part of me died that day also.

I have moved on over time, remarried and have two young children but still wonder sometimes what life might be like if that person had not chosen to drink and drive. Nothing is more painfull as a police officer than to have to knock on somones door to tell the person on the other side that they have lost a loved one - this is probably the only aspect of my job that I hate.

All that I ask is that everyone think about there actions and the consequences of them - not just for yourself but also the innocent people out there.

Mack
:grouphug:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,834 Posts
I have moved on over time, remarried and have two young children but still wonder sometimes what life might be like if that person had not chosen to drink and drive.
Mack
Mack, I also lost my wife of just over 4 years, on Dec. 26 '98, she passed on for unknown reasons, and I know what you mean about "what if life had gone on". My heart goes out to you...... May God Bless....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.