Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K so i am trying to find out what the loudest muffler will be for my 03 trailblazer

i have come up with these options thus far:
-flowmaster delta force
-flowmaster super 10
-cherrybomb extreme
-flowtech hornies

Are there any more to consider?
*PLUS* which is the best sounding?

Thanks,
Martin.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,030 Posts
K so i am trying to find out what the loudest muffler will be for my 03 trailblazer

-flowmaster delta force
-flowmaster super 10
-cherrybomb extreme
-flowtech hornies

Thanks,
Martin.
The only thing QUALITATIVE about what we can provide you is the Decibel level of some systems. However what SOUNDS BEST is going to be up to YOU to decide on. What i think sounds good might not be what YOU think sounds good.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright well i have come across some posts on Trailvoy and some say that cherry bomb is not a fit for a tb?

your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
those straight red glass-packs?

no, those aren't a fit for anything. it's a custom-fit "muffler" that slides inline with the rest of the plumbing. It's a red-neck's exhaust system and i had one on my S-10, and i thought it sounded cool.

i was also 16.

Flow-master and Borla seem to be very popular choices here. If i had my choice, i'd be Borla.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
borla on a 4.2L i6?

i can only find clips of trailblazer ss's with borlas, can you find me some clips of a trailblazer 4.2L with borla?

·
Banned
211 Posts
I don't know if this helps anything, but my Magnaflow is louder than I wanted it to be. Sounds nice outside, not so much inside.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
476 Posts

-flowmaster delta force
-flowmaster super 10
-cherrybomb extreme
-flowtech hornies

Thanks,
Martin.
Be careful about what you ask for.

Over the years I've had numerous vehicles and put on an assortment of exhausts.

I've had exhausts that were loud and found out that while it may be nice sometimes it's hard to listen to your stereo with a loud exhaust. If you turn up the volumne your can't here the engine.

I know this won't be popular with a lot of people but when I had Cherry Bomb mufflers on a couple of my cars (61 Galaxie 390 V-8, 65 Parklane 390 V-8) and the sound was great with the full exhaust plumbing and only the bomb (no resonator) there was a nice low rumble at idle, A great sound on acceleration and a nice purr while cruising and it didn't over power the stereo.

On one car I stopped the exhaust at the muffler and after one week went and put the last part of the exhaust piping back on. It was too loud.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
you dont even have to have a muffler if you just want it loud. I love my hooker muffler, but would not call it loud. It was not a direct fit, but it, install and tip was only 110. I get positive comments on it all the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts