Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would post some pictures of my trailblazer from day one to current. There's just a little bit of diffrence from the stock photo.

Day one.

Before the lift, before Z71 shocks and springs, and of course the roof rack

lightbar put on

All of the lights, before I took out the KCs from the front bumper

before the grille was painted

Differential guard installed

before the roof rack.

Z71 shocks about to be put on

rear lights mounted on the roof rack

Old differential after it had to be removed with a torch, gears welded themselves together.

Before painting the front crossbar

The skidplate

255/70/16

before the lift was put on.

Lift on!

another one after the lift was put on

Hope this isn't too many pictures.

The TB and I are still going strong. Mods are being put off for a while since buisness is slow.

· Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When off-road does the pan-hard bar make contact with the differential guard during articulation? It looks to be almost touching in this picture...
Not anymore, that was before the Z71 springs and shocks. The new springs really made a diffrence. But it did hit before the springs and shocks.

· Registered
269 Posts
Not anymore, that was before the Z71 springs and shocks. The new springs really made a diffrence. But it did hit before the springs and shocks.
:thumbsup:
cool. I was looking at investing on a differential guard for the TB. I have the Z71 rear with 2'in blocks so hopefully i'll be fine. I've seen other members on here with the same guard. you got a link for it?

· Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, the vehicle sits higher with the Z71 shocks and springs. I like the silent armors. My last set didnt last as long as I wanted but that was my fault since I didnt rotate them and balance them as I should have. They are quiet on the road and handle very well. I tow a landscape trailer a few times weekly and the tires hold up great. I've never had a flat with them, and I've taken them through h3LL over and over again.

· Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh nice. One last set of questions. More or less, how much did you gain in clearance with the shocks? and where and for how much did you get them?
The shocks don't give lift, however they do allow more "flexing" since they are about an inch longer than the stock ones.

Just wondering, did you have any clearance "issues" with the 255/70 R16 tires before the lift? Also, your truck is SWEET!:hail:
Thanks, Glad to see a new GA member. Welcome. As for any proplems fitting the 255/70/16, no I did not. But it is pretty close to the upper ball joint in the front.

· Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Newest addition..

Hitch Haul! went to bass pro and picked it up this morning. Now I have more room inside the truck for people or more stuff. I'll be going camping this week. Still trying to decide which days we are going to go. The forcast keeps changing. Holds up to 500 lbs. I plan on putting a locker box on it and 2 diffrent 6 gallon water containers on it. One for putting out the camp fire and one for drinking water. The water for the camp fire can also be used for cooking since it would be boiled.:woot: Can't wait to get back into the mountains.

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
267 Posts
That's a cool one. I've been thinking about getting one for some time, and more because I moved this last week and I definitely needed some extra space at the end.

How much did you pay for it?

· Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
That's a cool one. I've been thinking about getting one for some time, and more because I moved this last week and I definitely needed some extra space at the end.

How much did you pay for it?
I got it for 79.99 at Bass Pro. It's like $40 more for the part that makes it so you can fold the rack up when its not in use. But they didn't have it. But it really shouldnt be a problem.

I'll get some more pics of the roof rack and how I mounted the lights tomorrow, but here are a few that I have already uploaded.

Here's how I mounted the CB antenna.. nothing special.

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
267 Posts
I'm just waiting to clean up my storage unit (after summer holidays probably), and if I have enough space, I might get a carrier and just throw it there if I won't be using it (or need the hitch for something else).

I did see someone with a truck toolbox mounted on a carrier, so it doesn't look like a bad idea after all.

· Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
It wouldnt be hard to mount a truck toolbox onto the hitch haul. All you'd have to do is drill 4 holes through the bottom of the tool box and run bolts through the holes of the bottom of the rack.

I took some pictures of the light mounts for yall.

Mounting brackets for rear lights

I made the brackets from 1/4" aluminum. I then drilled two holes and put the stainless steel bolts through and tightened them up. The mounting brackets are bent due to brush on a trail that I had to back down. Lights function great and really light up EVERYTHING behind me.
Front lightbar

I also zip tied a small shovel onto the roof rack, this thing isn't going anywhere for the time being, And if I do need it all I have to do is cut the zip ties.

Last but certainly not least..

Representing Trailvoy Offroad

I'll have plenty more pictures when I get back from camping.
In the mean time if you're looking for more of my truck, here's my youtube account.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Trailblazer343

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.