Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I know that a lot of us on here will continue to buy full frame vehicles and will choose to buy a used Trailvoy over anything else. Well last night I test drove an Acadia (for my dad, not me) and just wanted to know your thoughts on it. My estimate is that about 3/4 of people that bought Trailvoys would be happy with a Acadia and about 1/4 would need a Tahoe or a smaller full frame vehicle (with the 1/4 mainly being members of this site ;) ).

So would you ever consider an Acadia or other Lambda platform? Do you like the look? What about the cool add-ons that some of us wanted for the TrailVoys but never got? (Like heated washer fluid, HUD, remote start, power liftgate, factory hood shocks, and a 6 speed.)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,667 Posts
Doesn't matter what options the Lambdas come with. Even an LS9 in a Lambda couldn't get me to own one. My next truck will be a late model GMT360 or the Tahoe.

You can add the hood struts, remote start, HUD and such to almost any car. Sure it'd be nice to have a 5 or 6 speed in the 360, but I wouldn't buy a vehicle because it has a good transmission if it doesn't come with the power to play.

I haven't been in a Lambda but I've seen em up close and have taken peeks inside. The styling is great, but if they revamped the 360's to be in sync with the 08-09 styling they'd look 100 times better any day of the week next to a Lambda. I have no interest in a front wheel drive, jumbo sedan. If I wanted a car I'd have bought a car. Lambdas just scream "My driver is a soccer mom in denial!" No offense to the owners, that's just how I would describe the car.

Some could say the same for the GMT360, in fact I would agree that most of the GMT360 owners are middle-aged women or older men. However, be it known or not, the 360's have the balls underneath the hood and in the frame to make up for its lower profile truck styling. If the 3 vehicles in question were men, picture this:
GMT360 as the fit confident guy who knows he's the sh** but doesn't need to show it all the time
GMT900 as the macho tough guy
and the Lambda as the "I don't eat meat because I like the aneemuls" kind of guy.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GMT360 as the fit confident guy who knows he's the sh** but doesn't need to show it all the time
GMT900 as the macho tough guy
and the Lambda as the "I don't eat meat because I like the aneemuls" kind of guy.
I am done owning boring cars that they don't make mods for. So I would say to stay in the group you need to be in the GMT360 or GMT900 category. I just feel with all this 'green' talk we are a dying breed. (And GM will follow suit)

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
56 Posts
The only Lambda that even comes close to appealing to me is the Acadia. The Enclave looks bloated and the Traverse is just fugly. It would take a LOT of convincing for me to consider the Acadia. I drool over a Yukon Denali every day at work, but as nice as it is, I just can't justify owning a vehicle that would carry three people at most. I'm actually interested in seeing what the GMC Terrain looks like when it comes out. I just want a good, solid GM-built five seat SUV with 4 doors.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
Well I know that a lot of us on here will continue to buy full frame vehicles and will choose to buy a used Trailvoy over anything else. Well last night I test drove an Acadia (for my dad, not me) and just wanted to know your thoughts on it. My estimate is that about 3/4 of people that bought Trailvoys would be happy with a Acadia and about 1/4 would need a Tahoe or a smaller full frame vehicle (with the 1/4 mainly being members of this site ;) ).

So would you ever consider an Acadia or other Lambda platform? Do you like the look? What about the cool add-ons that some of us wanted for the TrailVoys but never got? (Like heated washer fluid, HUD, remote start, power liftgate, factory hood shocks, and a 6 speed.)
In a perfect world, I would definately get a Tahoe. Of course, I have no plans of getting rid of the SS, so it would take a lot for me to get a new vehicle.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,667 Posts
i personally do not like the acadia. i will more than likely go with a sierra 2500 duramax. i'm very upset with the end of the gmt-360.:worried:
As another member of this site said in another thread (not word for word, but the idea), we, the members of TrailVoy are passionate about our vehicles and will take care of and improve them as we see fit to continue our relationship with one of the best mid-sized vehicles ever produced. Who knows, maybe they'll be classics in 20 years?

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
84 Posts
As another member of this site said in another thread (not word for word, but the idea), we, the members of TrailVoy are passionate about our vehicles and will take care of and improve them as we see fit to continue our relationship with one of the best mid-sized vehicles ever produced. Who knows, maybe they'll be classics in 20 years?
i agree...i still have big plans for my envoy and i don't plan on getting rid of it. i'm just saying, i'm reaching high mileage and i'm going to need to buy another car soon (and i don't like the acadia or its relatives by any means). i'm not going to ever get rid of mine, i would love to see the envoy as a classic down the road.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Its an old platform guys... thats the problem. GM doesnt want to keep updating somthing old fashioned and out of 'the times'.

Im pretty interested in a Yukon Denali for when the Aero gets a few years older.

Its either that or im picking up a Infiniti FX50S. Another fast SUV. Then ill use my TB to pull my boat.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its an old platform guys... thats the problem. GM doesnt want to keep updating somthing old fashioned and out of 'the times'.

Im pretty interested in a Yukon Denali for when the Aero gets a few years older.

Its either that or im picking up a Infiniti FX50S. Another fast SUV. Then ill use my TB to pull my boat.
I am thinking the same thing. I really want a 6 speed so it depends if I can get a used Yukon Denali or a 09+ Tahoe with 6 speed cheaper at the time.

The other option would be to get an Acadia for mileage/trips and then get a quad cab Sierra for all my towing..hauling etc.

The overseas Terrain is. The new one sold here will be a version of the new Equinox.
Are you sure the new Equinox will not be based on the Vue too? I pretty sure that they will add a smaller crossover since the Acadia/Traverse are 3 row SUVs. They are probably wanting something to beat the Ford Escape with, because right now the Equinox is not that great.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I am thinking the same thing. I really want a 6 speed so it depends if I can get a used Yukon Denali or a 09+ Tahoe with 6 speed cheaper at the time.

The other option would be to get an Acadia for mileage/trips and then get a quad cab Sierra for all my towing..hauling etc.

Are you sure the new Equinox will not be based on the Vue too? I pretty sure that they will add a smaller crossover since the Acadia/Traverse are 3 row SUVs. They are probably wanting something to beat the Ford Escape with, because right now the Equinox is not that great.
Your in for a new vehicle quicker than i am so start driving things and getting ideas.

My suggestion for you? Seeing as their are still 08-09 Trailvoys out there, go look at one with the 5.3 and get another. They are good vehicles, and if you can get another to last 7-8 years, you will be set and can get a Tahoe in a few more.

My suggestion, by the time its for my to get a new vehicle, trailvoys will be far to old for me to want to buy one.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I don't even plan on looking for a good 2-3 years, so we'll see what happens in that time. But, if I had to choose now, I'd be going for a Tahoe/Yukon. The front exterior design isn't bad on either the Acadia or Traverse, but from behind they look like a big station wagon. I'd rather spend the very few extra bucks and get a bigger vehicle. But, like I said, I still have a few years until I need to even start thinking about it. I love my TB, and it fits great for me right now.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
The overseas Terrain is. The new one sold here will be a version of the new Equinox.
The Vue is new, it is using the revamped Theta platform. Opal has a version of this platform overseas and the Equinox, the Caddy and the Terrain will all use the revamped Theta platform. There may be different wheelbases.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
447 Posts
The Vue is new, it is using the revamped Theta platform. Opal has a version of this platform overseas and the Equinox, the Caddy and the Terrain will all use the revamped Theta platform. There may be different wheelbases.
The Vue "Theta" platform was completely designed in Korea by Daewoo. The Vue is built only in Mexico.

Maybe a Hyundai is a better choice

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
447 Posts
I know your an x insider, does this mean the "rest" will be built in the Vue plant, or in one of the current Equinox plants?
The current Equinox is built by CAMI (Suzuki) in Ontario Canada. GM has been working very hard at getting its assembly processes commonized between all the plants so its possible even though CAMMI is not a GM assembly plant. When I left GM the Ramos plant was the only plant that was scheduled to build these vheicles for North America. This may have changed.

The Vue is probabily a good quality vehicle, but I rode as a passenger in one and didnt really like it any better than the old Vue, but I am sure it has its fans

1 - 20 of 25 Posts