Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm a newbie to the site and would just like to say thanks to all you guys that have posted great informational how to's and DIY's. I've had my 02 TB for 8 years and look forward to providing any info I have come to learn from doing mods and repairs on my own.

This is a great site!!! :tiphat

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
Welcome! :tiphat

Why don't you tell us a little about your ride? How many miles? What's done to it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Thanks

I have an 02 TB just hit 110K! Borla Catback Dual Exhaust, Airaid intake, x-drilled slotted rotors and 225/35/22 come the summer time. :woot:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have an 02 TB just hit 110K! Borla Catback Dual Exhaust, Airaid intake, x-drilled slotted rotors and 225/35/22 come the summer time. :woot:
I have changed out one coilpack, the plugs, the front sway bar and links and just this weekend the p/s pump. i tried to do the seprentine belt, but it did not like any of three replacements. All three made the belt tensioner squeal !?!

Thus far lots of miles and lots of adventures... it has been a reliable vehicle.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
997 Posts
I tried to do the seprentine belt, but it did not like any of three replacements. All three made the belt tensioner squeal
Are you sure they sold you the correct belt. The belt for the standard wheelbase models is 91.5" long (with a 915 number at the end of the stock number) while the extended wheelbase models are 90.5" long (with a 905 stock number.)

If you put a 905 belt on, it may result in a squeal. There is even some confusion in the parts catalogs about these belt lengths, so check carefully. Don't go by the old belt; it may have been the wrong one from long ago. (It may also be why your p/s pump failed!)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was never aware of this confusion. Sure enough the belt
was slightly smaller than the original stock belt. That made all the difference. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts