Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Please fill out the UserCP at the top of the page. Have you noticed the Search button at the top of the page? It will answer most of your questions. Have fun and enjoy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sensor

behind the alternator, incase you didnt want to search the forums, there are 2 bolts holding the alternator on, you take it off and its directly on the engine block...kind of a pain to get it off and the new one on because its set back in a divet almost, stubby wrenchs work great on it

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
357 Posts
The Ambient temperature sensor is located between the radiator and grill near the top middle of the radiator. You will find a plug-in wiring harness there and changing the sensor is very simple. However, before you do that, try holding down the rear defrost, front defrost and mode buttons at the same time to reset the current sensor and that may fix your problem.

What Serverguy01 is describing is replacing the thermostat!!!

C.B.

P.S. If you want more details, put "Ambient temperature sensor" in the search box above.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The OP (Welcome, BTW!) didn't tell us quite enough. There is an outside ambient air temp sensor, inlet air temp for the intake manifold, engine coolant temp sensor, transmission temp sensor, the automatic HVAC control system has an additional five cabin air temp sensors, and the optional seat heaters also have sensors.

So - which one has your attention? ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Temp Sensor

I was describing replacing the engine coolant temp sensor, if he is talking about any other temp senor then it is in a different place, but when i see temp sensor the first thing i think of is coolant temp sensor

The picture on the following link shows the engine coolant temp sensor, it is directly above the thermostat, a black coated wire runs to it, you can almost see it in this picture.

http://gallery.trailvoy.com/showphoto.php/photo/13220/ppuser/19

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
357 Posts
I apologize, ServerGuy01. I jumped to the conclusion that he was talking about the ambient temperature sensor. And then jumped to another conclusion that you were talking about the thermostat forgetting that the coolant sensor is right there also.

Maybe the poster will let us in on which one he was talking about.

Shows to go 'ya that it sure helps when people asking a question give all the necessary details.:yes:

C.B.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hey guys!. Thanks for the answers.
I was cruising around last night trying to find somewhere to tell me were that sensor was at and came upon this place.Got the cp filled out the most that it will let me.My info that I put in there does'nt apply to the questions.I was looking for the coolant temp sensor.Sorry about not being more specific about what I was looking for.Being a mechanic and not a parts guy I did'nt think to say coolant temp sensor.If I was talking to the parts man I would of said CTS.I sure am glad big trucks dont have all those sensors.I did go to the stealer and get a diagram printed were it is at.So all is good.
Thanks for you time
Rick:woohoo:

I did try the search but could not find anything

1 - 8 of 8 Posts