Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The temp gauge on my 04 TB quit working about a year ago. I have been told I would have to replace the entire instrument cluster at great cost. Is there a temp sensor that could have gone out and can be replaced without replacing entire cluster? Any help much appreciated! :)

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,239 Posts
If the problem is truly with the cluster (most times it is the stepper motors), there are repair vendors on Ebay who replace all the stepper motors and test it out. All you have to do is remove the cluster from your truck and send it in. Do a search for instrument cluster removal for instructions. I think the cost may be somewhere around $85.00.
What does your temp gauge do? Does it move at all? Has the temp sensor on the engine been verified to be good?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Crappy situation

Mine went out about a yr ago. Then the gas, Speedometer, and battery gauge soon followed. Type in trailblazer cluster on ebay and there's a guy you send yours to he replaces it ships it back for free. Overall cost probably less than half of getting a new one. Plus he'll upgrade it to leds for an extra 45 bucks looks sick!!. Goodluck man

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
27 Posts
Cluster repair

Try DallasClusterRepair.com. I've used this guy for two different clusters - I had the complete job done. They look and work like new ones. Lifetine warranty. He uses the new and improved stepper motors. He will also sell you the parts and instructions if you want to do it yourself.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I just bought a new temp sensor to see if that fixes it. The arm doesn't move at all. It points straight down all the time. If the sensor doesn't work, I will definitely look into the repair.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts