Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

temp gauge not working

7K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  RPatton76 
#1 ·
Hi I have an 05 ext with 207K, the coolant sensor gauge worked when I first bought it a couple years ago, then sometimes it would not work and the needle would sit at the left at zero. Now it has not worked at all for quite a while, just sets pegged to the left. Is this more likely to be the sensor or the gauge? Seems like when the sensor goes out the needle usually bounces around, it might have done this but I don't remember this.

#10 ·
I can tell you that when it happened to me, I did the sensor/sender and I thought it was fixed. Then I did the cluster, for $200-ish, (plus $200+ deposit) and it also seemed fixed, for a day or two. But, for me, it always reads fine again after clearing the code, but it'll stop reading again 5 minutes or 5 days later. I suspect the ECM for mine, but I don't know what else "converts" the sender reading into the CAN BUS stuff. Good luck.

Rob in AZ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.