42K views 244 replies 17 participants last post by  MrSmithsTB 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, we're planning to do it again.

TECOREII
(Trailvoy East Coast Off Road Event)
September 18-20
George Washington National Forest
Near Harrisonburg, VA

For more details, go to tecore.offroadTB.com (maps, full list of guidelines, etc).

Whos invited?
Anyone with a lifted TrailVoy. Some of these trails will be impassable by a stock TB.

Whats the plan?
To explore and traverse the wilderness of the North River Ranger District. The event will be a two night camping trip. Please note that the campsites will be primitive (no running water, no bathrooms, no nearby assistance). We will stay the first night on Meadow Knob or on Flagpole Knob. The second night is still undecided as of this moment.

What will you need?
- a Trailvoy
- CB
- lift
- all-terrain or mud-terrain tires
- camping gear
- food (we will try not to head back to civilization during the event)

So far (from another thread), I have the following attendee list. Please update this as we go:

Confirmed:
JamesDowning (James)
gordinho80 (Mario)
Dizzlenator (Dan)
ultravorx (Frank)
bobbyblaze (Bob)

Tentative:
foosh (Tom)

I'm planning to cap the number of attendees to 8 on a first come first served basis. However, depending on circumstances I reserve the right to change that as necessary. So if you have any interest, confirm your spot now.

Hope you can make it. :cool:

See less See more
#6 ·
In all honesty, I just ask that you have front and rear tow points. That means front tow hooks and a shackle mount for your rear receiver. If you don't have these, we will most likely have enough stuff to get you unstuck anyways. I know I'm loaded down with equipment, as are a couple others.

If you're really interested in seeing the equipment that you should carry if you go off on your own, check out that particular section of my site: www.offroadtb.com/equipment/

I'd actually like to do a small recovery 'class' during the trip. There are many ways to recover a vehicle, and I want to make sure people are doing it right. I'm thinking the topics will include jack (Hi-lift) recoveries, bridging ladders, dynamic (Snatch) recoveries, and static (Winch) recoveries. That is... if anyone is interested.

#10 ·
i literaly just ordered my bds lift, new front shocks, and a whole wack of parts for my tranny today......now I read this as i sit in my office for the new "Resident Evil 4" movie......I dont know if i will be bale to make this trip!!!! damn it!!!
i wont b able to know till closer to the date so hopefully JD will be willing to take more then 8 trucks :confused:

I went on a short trip with AlekG recently, and now i am dieing to do something a little more intense as well as some camping. so i really hope this works out!!

#19 ·
Confirmed:
JamesDowning (James)
gordinho80 (Mario)
Dizzlenator (Dan)
ultravorx (Frank)
bobbyblaze (Bob)

Tentative:
foosh (Tom)
MrSmithsTB (Bob)
Zero
cowboy63645

As for expected temperatures, expect 80s during the day, and 50s during the night. However, plan for 90s and 30s. You never know what the weather may be. It will be a tad colder on the mountain. Generally its a little windy and we may see some rain, but its not generally excessive. As far as humidity... I assume its somewhere around normal.

#25 ·
ooo ya, canadian tire had 12v electric portable impact guns.........soooooooo I bought one hahahaha.

Now i am one piece closer to having a complete 4x4 off road kit hahahaha. pluss, who the hell wants to take their wheels off manually anymore hahahaha.

let see, what else.......I got 2 new tires going on, bds lift, tahoe springs, mrkmc 2.5 lift, bilstein front shocks, and adj rear rancho shocks, shift kit and about 7 other new trany parts, amsoil fluid, and flush the transfer case.

if anyone else is interested in a set of rear adj shocks (rancho 9000xl), i think i can get additional sets for around $120 + tax CAD....i will confirm if anyone is really interested.

hey JD where it u get those stackable organizer boxes you use for your offroad gear in the back of your truck????

Man i cant wait for this!!!!

#26 ·
ooo ya, canadian tire had 12v electric portable impact guns.........soooooooo I bought one hahahaha.
Make sure you test it on your lugs before you actually HAVE to use it on your lugs. 12V may not be enough juice for lugs. Also make sure it has enough reserve energy to take off and put back on all 6.

hey JD where it u get those stackable organizer boxes you use for your offroad gear in the back of your truck????
You talking about these?

The systra modul cases are made for a dutch tool company. We were lucky enough to have a few floating around the office, so I grabbed a few.

http://en.bti.de/static/shortcuts/systra.asp

#27 ·
the gun plugs into the cig lighter so as long as the vehicle is running it will run, or i can turn the truck off and use it for a bit but i wouldnt want to burn out my batt.

the gun is listed at 250lbs of torque. that should be more then snough to get our lugs off.

ill take your advice and give it a try before i take it out in the trail. i still have the receipt so if it sucks, back to the store it goes, and my search will continue.

i looked at the pelican site, and i love their portable tool box with drawers, but it is pretty pricey. ill keep looking but may end up getting that.

#28 ·
the gun plugs into the cig lighter so as long as the vehicle is running it will run, or i can turn the truck off and use it for a bit but i wouldnt want to burn out my batt.

the gun is listed at 250lbs of torque. that should be more then snough to get our lugs off.
Ohh, I thought it was a cordless model... you know battery pack powered. :duh:

i looked at the pelican site, and i love their portable tool box with drawers, but it is pretty pricey. ill keep looking but may end up getting that.
They make some really nice stuff, but I agree that the cost kinda outweighs the benefit. If I had ordered a pelican case for all the cases I carry, I would have spent at least $600 on the cases alone. :eek:

Just FYI, the 3 cases you see stacked below are modified DeWalt tool cases. I just worked with what I could get my hands on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.