Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
423 Posts
I'm assuming you are in Ontario, vice L.A., right?? haha! Just want to make sure you realize it's Trailvoy EAST Coast Offroading Event....:tiphat
hahaha man i was wondering when someone would catch that......yes right now i am in Toronto....NOT LOS ANGELES hahahaha......man if i was in LA that would be a ton of gas!!!

things r really starting to move forward on the truck. i cant wait!!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
ooo ya, canadian tire had 12v electric portable impact guns.........soooooooo I bought one hahahaha.

Now i am one piece closer to having a complete 4x4 off road kit hahahaha. pluss, who the hell wants to take their wheels off manually anymore hahahaha.

let see, what else.......I got 2 new tires going on, bds lift, tahoe springs, mrkmc 2.5 lift, bilstein front shocks, and adj rear rancho shocks, shift kit and about 7 other new trany parts, amsoil fluid, and flush the transfer case.

if anyone else is interested in a set of rear adj shocks (rancho 9000xl), i think i can get additional sets for around $120 + tax CAD....i will confirm if anyone is really interested.

hey JD where it u get those stackable organizer boxes you use for your offroad gear in the back of your truck????

Man i cant wait for this!!!!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
ooo ya, canadian tire had 12v electric portable impact guns.........soooooooo I bought one hahahaha.
Make sure you test it on your lugs before you actually HAVE to use it on your lugs. 12V may not be enough juice for lugs. Also make sure it has enough reserve energy to take off and put back on all 6.

hey JD where it u get those stackable organizer boxes you use for your offroad gear in the back of your truck????
You talking about these?

The systra modul cases are made for a dutch tool company. We were lucky enough to have a few floating around the office, so I grabbed a few.

http://en.bti.de/static/shortcuts/systra.asp

·
Registered
423 Posts
the gun plugs into the cig lighter so as long as the vehicle is running it will run, or i can turn the truck off and use it for a bit but i wouldnt want to burn out my batt.

the gun is listed at 250lbs of torque. that should be more then snough to get our lugs off.

ill take your advice and give it a try before i take it out in the trail. i still have the receipt so if it sucks, back to the store it goes, and my search will continue.

i looked at the pelican site, and i love their portable tool box with drawers, but it is pretty pricey. ill keep looking but may end up getting that.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
the gun plugs into the cig lighter so as long as the vehicle is running it will run, or i can turn the truck off and use it for a bit but i wouldnt want to burn out my batt.

the gun is listed at 250lbs of torque. that should be more then snough to get our lugs off.
Ohh, I thought it was a cordless model... you know battery pack powered. :duh:

i looked at the pelican site, and i love their portable tool box with drawers, but it is pretty pricey. ill keep looking but may end up getting that.
They make some really nice stuff, but I agree that the cost kinda outweighs the benefit. If I had ordered a pelican case for all the cases I carry, I would have spent at least $600 on the cases alone. :eek:

Just FYI, the 3 cases you see stacked below are modified DeWalt tool cases. I just worked with what I could get my hands on.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
26 Posts
add me to the list. zone body lift and 33" km2s are on the way. i gotta get up with markmc for my suspension lift and fred for my wheel spacers and then ill be ready for some fun.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Confirmed:
JamesDowning (James)
gordinho80 (Mario)
Dizzlenator (Dan)
ultravorx (Frank)
bobbyblaze (Bob)

Tentative:
foosh (Tom)
MrSmithsTB (Bob)
Zero
cowboy63645
Chevy4life

Once you guys know for sure that you will be attending... let us know.

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
My confirmation depends solely on tires for me. Being unemployed makes it very hard to get spacers and new rubbers before September. Recovery and camping equip will be ok, but meats are the big issue. Any hookups you guys have, let me know.;)

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
No problem guys. No rush.

When you get everything installed to make yourself trail ready and are sure you can attend, let us know. :thumbsup:

PS, check craig's list for tires. Lots of people are taking off tires with decent tread still left... you may be able to find something.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Through me down for tentative.
Haha, I figured your wife killed you because of the scratches. Haven't seen you around in a while.

Confirmed:
JamesDowning (James)
gordinho80 (Mario)
Dizzlenator (Dan)
ultravorx (Frank)
bobbyblaze (Bob)

Tentative:
foosh (Tom)
MrSmithsTB (Bob)
Zero
cowboy63645
Chevy4life
Gibby13 (Chris)

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
26 Posts
it seems like we have some good interest in this trip. are we able to increase the # of vehicles allowed to go??
i was thinking the same thing. if we have alot of people wanting to come maybe we could split up during the trail rides and meet up for camp. just a thought...

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
I think his eight might be realistic. You have no idea how many people drop off as time gets closer.

James, maybe if you up the limit to 12, we'll end up with 8 overall:undecided

·
Northeast Chapter
1,502 Posts
We had six total at TECORE I in April, and it was a pretty easy to deal with. Much more than 8 will make it rough. We need to emphasize the WORKING CB. The problem with splitting up on the trails is that James is really the only person that knows them at all. I remember bits and pieces of some of them, but from what I understand, we'll be hitting some different trails.

Last TECORE we had approximately 40 people "interested" in the trip. And that started 4 or 5 MONTHS before the event. So, honestly, we'll probably only have 6-8 after last minute drop outs, etc.

21 - 40 of 245 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.