Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 245 Posts

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
I like it, man. Need to take the brush to those letters and get the blue off! Some people might get on you for not having the blackwall out, but I think it works.:thumbsup: Can't wait to get my setup on this week for real, dude.

·
Northeast Chapter
1,502 Posts
White truck, white raised lettering....lookin' good my friend!!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
423 Posts
i actualy didnt have a choice with the lettering. there is an inside and outside part of the tire, and the outside will always have raised white letters.

i kinda like it. i get lots of really confused looks on the road lol. i can see it in people faces............... "kevlar"???????? hahaha

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
i actualy didnt have a choice with the lettering. there is an inside and outside part of the tire, and the outside will always have raised white letters.

i kinda like it. i get lots of really confused looks on the road lol. i can see it in people faces............... "kevlar"???????? hahaha
No choice? Is it just with that tire? Every tire I've ever owned has allowed me the choice.

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
I have a set of Goodyear Wrangler GSA tires on my jeep that are directional. White lettering out only. Has to do with the tread pattern.

My motorcycle tires are diretional too.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
No choice? Is it just with that tire? Every tire I've ever owned has allowed me the choice.
You'll understand when you see the tread pattern.

They aren't uni-directional, but they do have a non-symmetrical tread pattern:

So Zero... does this mean you're confirmed now?!

·
Northeast Chapter
1,502 Posts
Allright, got my (i.e. my, Mario and Frank's) BFG's.....they were delivered this a.m....along with my Cepek lights. They're wired up now. Painted the covers to match my truck paint (blue). I know, pics or didn't happen. Wife took the camera to school and left it there. Should get it back tomorrow, so I'll post them then. These lights are WWWAAAYYY brighter than those cheap baja lights. I'll be attaching 2 of those to the basket facing the rear, and the other 2 will be centered on each side. 360 light coverage is my goal. I'll need to be getting me a bigger alternator! lol!

Not a huge fan of the chrome on the lights, but that's nothing I can't fix with a little paint. I'll probably paint them black..

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
Allright, got my (i.e. my, Mario and Frank's) BFG's.....they were delivered this a.m....along with my Cepek lights. They're wired up now. Painted the covers to match my truck paint (blue). I know, pics or didn't happen. Wife took the camera to school and left it there. Should get it back tomorrow, so I'll post them then. These lights are WWWAAAYYY brighter than those cheap baja lights. I'll be attaching 2 of those to the basket facing the rear, and the other 2 will be centered on each side. 360 light coverage is my goal. I'll need to be getting me a bigger alternator! lol!

Not a huge fan of the chrome on the lights, but that's nothing I can't fix with a little paint. I'll probably paint them black..
Where are you tapping all the power for the lights ?

·
Northeast Chapter
1,502 Posts
I'll be getting a power bastards alternator and Optima yellow top. I won't be turning them all on at once anyways, so I think I'll be ok there for this trip. No biggie....

Right now the roof lights are tapped into the rear fuse block, and the grille ones are run to the battery. They are bright now, but could be brighter. Once I do the above mentioned things, they'll be even brighter....

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
Just bought a new tent for the expedition. The description says it goes together really fast :bonk:.

Attachments

·
Northeast Chapter
1,502 Posts
LESS THAN 2 WEEKS BABY!!! CAN'T FREAKIN' WAIT!!!! Just waiting on my roof basket....

201 - 220 of 245 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.