2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, we're planning to do it again.

TECOREII
(Trailvoy East Coast Off Road Event)
September 18-20
George Washington National Forest
Near Harrisonburg, VA

For more details, go to tecore.offroadTB.com (maps, full list of guidelines, etc).

Whos invited?
Anyone with a lifted TrailVoy. Some of these trails will be impassable by a stock TB.

Whats the plan?
To explore and traverse the wilderness of the North River Ranger District. The event will be a two night camping trip. Please note that the campsites will be primitive (no running water, no bathrooms, no nearby assistance). We will stay the first night on Meadow Knob or on Flagpole Knob. The second night is still undecided as of this moment.

What will you need?
- a Trailvoy
- CB
- lift
- all-terrain or mud-terrain tires
- camping gear
- food (we will try not to head back to civilization during the event)

So far (from another thread), I have the following attendee list. Please update this as we go:

Confirmed:
JamesDowning (James)
gordinho80 (Mario)
Dizzlenator (Dan)
ultravorx (Frank)
bobbyblaze (Bob)

Tentative:
foosh (Tom)

I'm planning to cap the number of attendees to 8 on a first come first served basis. However, depending on circumstances I reserve the right to change that as necessary. So if you have any interest, confirm your spot now.

Hope you can make it. :cool:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Confirmed:
JamesDowning (James)
gordinho80 (Mario)
Dizzlenator (Dan)
ultravorx (Frank)
bobbyblaze (Bob)

Tentative:
foosh (Tom)
MrSmithsTB (sorry, I don't know your first name :eek:)

In two months we'll be sitting on a mountain top. :woohoo:

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Yep. That's it. Bob. Now, since I'm going to be a noob to the lifted/offroad crew, I may need a rundown of the necessary equip to run with. hilift, recovery straps, flares, etc. And yes, I know where the search button is.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In all honesty, I just ask that you have front and rear tow points. That means front tow hooks and a shackle mount for your rear receiver. If you don't have these, we will most likely have enough stuff to get you unstuck anyways. I know I'm loaded down with equipment, as are a couple others.

If you're really interested in seeing the equipment that you should carry if you go off on your own, check out that particular section of my site: www.offroadtb.com/equipment/

I'd actually like to do a small recovery 'class' during the trip. There are many ways to recover a vehicle, and I want to make sure people are doing it right. I'm thinking the topics will include jack (Hi-lift) recoveries, bridging ladders, dynamic (Snatch) recoveries, and static (Winch) recoveries. That is... if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,329 Posts
James,

The recovery classes sounds great! I'm very interested.

Bob,

As for equipment, its like James said, most of us will have at least some stuff. I know I have my hi-lift, hif-lift off road kit, hi-lift lift-mate, some extra chain, and a rear receiver d-shackle. I hope to have a full size spare by then, along with other stuff...

·
Northeast Chapter
1,502 Posts
:woohoo:Hells YEA! Confirmed date and all....awesome! Can't wait....I need a new TECORE t-shirt....haha! :woot:

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Coolness:thumbsup: You guys are ok in my book. I just want to make sure I'm prepared. If I'm not serious about that, I can never be sure I'll be serious enough not to make stupid mistakes and break things.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
423 Posts
i literaly just ordered my bds lift, new front shocks, and a whole wack of parts for my tranny today......now I read this as i sit in my office for the new "Resident Evil 4" movie......I dont know if i will be bale to make this trip!!!! damn it!!!
i wont b able to know till closer to the date so hopefully JD will be willing to take more then 8 trucks :confused:

I went on a short trip with AlekG recently, and now i am dieing to do something a little more intense as well as some camping. so i really hope this works out!!

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
155 Posts
In all honesty, I just ask that you have front and rear tow points. That means front tow hooks and a shackle mount for your rear receiver. If you don't have these, we will most likely have enough stuff to get you unstuck anyways. I know I'm loaded down with equipment, as are a couple others.

If you're really interested in seeing the equipment that you should carry if you go off on your own, check out that particular section of my site: www.offroadtb.com/equipment/

I'd actually like to do a small recovery 'class' during the trip. There are many ways to recover a vehicle, and I want to make sure people are doing it right. I'm thinking the topics will include jack (Hi-lift) recoveries, bridging ladders, dynamic (Snatch) recoveries, and static (Winch) recoveries. That is... if anyone is interested.
The class sounds great! Im going to have to buy a shackle for my rear hitch, but the front i may have an issue, since i have a push bar, i dont know if i can do the tow hooks. Are they any other ideas other than getting a front hitch mount?

Frank

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The class sounds great! Im going to have to buy a shackle for my rear hitch, but the front i may have an issue, since i have a push bar, i dont know if i can do the tow hooks. Are they any other ideas other than getting a front hitch mount?

Frank
Depending on your push bar, you should still be able to install tow hooks... wait, you have an Envoy. I don't think they offer tow hooks for you (I don't think the tow hooks line up with your bumper facia).

An alternate option for you, would be to run without the front plastic bumper, and just install the TB tow hooks anyways (or dremmel out some holes in your plastic bumper?).

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts

I'm always down for sum learnin too.

I have some recovery equiptment. Even a tree saver. I wanna pick up a second D-ring before the trip. I have a receiver hook that I leave on full time so people won't do braile parking with my bumper. :hissy:

·
Registered
423 Posts
ahhhhh i realllly hope i get all my parts and some gas money saved to do this. my boss might come along too so hopefully he will split on the cost of fuel hahahaha

ok back to my huuuuuuge to do list for the trailblazer!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 non_gmt360 other
609 Posts
ahhhhh i realllly hope i get all my parts and some gas money saved to do this. my boss might come along too so hopefully he will split on the cost of fuel hahahaha

Maybe you can talk your boss into paying for the gas and use the receipts as a tax write off for business expenses. "Entertaining clients" or somethin :undecided

·
Registered
423 Posts
the thing is we just started doing a movie. so we want to make sure we get our stuff done and have time, and i get my parts on and rent paid hhahaha im not sure if i will have my new 32" tires , but im gona try.

whats the temp like out there?

is it really wet? hot, cold? humid?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
326 Posts
You can put me on the tentative list!! I should have my front hitch installed, new tires on and the winch in within the next month!! :D

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Confirmed:
JamesDowning (James)
gordinho80 (Mario)
Dizzlenator (Dan)
ultravorx (Frank)
bobbyblaze (Bob)

Tentative:
foosh (Tom)
MrSmithsTB (Bob)
Zero
cowboy63645

As for expected temperatures, expect 80s during the day, and 50s during the night. However, plan for 90s and 30s. You never know what the weather may be. It will be a tad colder on the mountain. Generally its a little windy and we may see some rain, but its not generally excessive. As far as humidity... I assume its somewhere around normal.

·
Northeast Chapter
1,502 Posts

I'm assuming you are in Ontario, vice L.A., right?? haha! Just want to make sure you realize it's Trailvoy EAST Coast Offroading Event....:tiphat

1 - 20 of 245 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.